2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

skyjacker 2in lift

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 08:58 PM
Mike454
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: skyjacker 2in lift

ok silver did you get the dual steering stabilizers? is it worth the extra $130? and if you did were they an easy install? thx, you've been a great help.

Old 05-23-2007, 09:47 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Mike454

ok silver did you get the dual steering stabilizers? is it worth the extra $130? and if you did were they an easy install? thx, you've been a great help.
I bought one used off Craigslist and installed it after I tore up my single stabilizer in a snow drift. I have since gone back to the single stabilizer. I noticed no difference, and prefer the single since it tucks up a little better. I think I would tear the dual one up pretty easy. With 33" tires (or 285's), there really is no need for it. I may put mine back on after I go to 35's if I think I need it.

Old 05-24-2007, 02:17 AM
Mike454
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thx for the input, i just noticed it recommended the dual but ill just purchase one of them. any trouble on the install?

Old 05-24-2007, 02:46 AM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Mike454

thx for the input, i just noticed it recommended the dual but ill just purchase one of them. any trouble on the install?
On the install of the dual stab kit? Well, it was mostly straight forward, though the install instructions from Skyjacker kinda suck. I had to reverse the direction of the tie rod brackets (to keep the shock from hitting my tire at full lock), and also had to connect one to the drag link end on the passenger side (instead of the tie rod end as the instruction indicates). There was just no way it would work with the instructions written the way they were without making these changes. The picture in the instructions looks like a truck with a lot of lift, so the angles of the tie rod and the drag link is different. I think if I were to do it again, i might get one from another comapny. I've read a lot of complaints about the Skyjacker dual kit. Other kits seem to install with no issues.

Quick Reply: skyjacker 2in lift