2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Using Oil Where is it going?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 01:24 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 94 Likes on 79 Posts
Default RE: Using Oil Where is it going?

Just look down the throttle bore with engine off, see if there is oil in the bore. If there is its still leaking.

Old 05-30-2007, 01:59 PM
turkeyhunter1962
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Using Oil Where is it going?

ORIGINAL: VWandDodge

ORIGINAL: flintspirit

Sometimes if you've removed the intake and used the rubber gaskets on the front and rear they blow out and will cause a leak.Usually on the back of the intake,it will run onto the top of the bell housing and is hard to see.I always throw those gaskets away and just put a nice bead of high temp permatex in those areas.
I have this problem right now and it is driving me bat**** [:@] This small leak that's coming from the back of the engine up top. I recently replaced the intake gaskets but opted to lightly coat the cork gaskets with sealant rather than running a bead of sealant as my machinist instructed me.
I recently replaced the intake manifold on my 360 and did exactly as the instructions say. I used the cork gaskets, only placed gasket sealer at the four corners, made plastic pins to keep the cork gasket in place, and torqued it down exactly as the book describes. I also followed the torque pattern an additional 8 or 10 times until I was positive the manifold was tightened correctly. No leaks, no issues.