2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Cops, I hate em. (Only the prick ones)

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 01:47 PM
Bouncer88
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cops, I hate em. (Only the ***** ones)

ORIGINAL: WesV

Honestly, I don't understand why people refuse to take responsibilty for thier own actions. If you choose to do faster then the posted speed limit, then you are asking for a ticket, I don't care if it is 5, 10 or 20 mph over the speed limit. I once had a state trooper tell me "Have you ever gone fishing? Ok, did you catch every fish in the river? Of course not, you caught the ones who took the bait first and the easiest." Don't give them a reason to pull you over and 99 time out of 100 they won't touch you. Now that one cop about the tinted glass sounded a little bored and off his kilter there, but every other story I have heard, the driver was in the wrong, and 10mph over is not miniscule. I do over the speed limit all the time, but not near as bad as I used to and the two tickets I have gotten I deserved. I am not a cop or anything, but a professional truck driver and I am on the road better then 3300 miles every week and see quite a bit of what goes on, and those WHO CHOOSE to driive flashy vehicles and make them known by exceeding the speed limit (even if it is with others) will get pulled first. That is a choice you made and must understand, you wish to have attention drawn to you, and so it shall.
But the people driving non flashy cars don't deserve it? No not at all, cops shouldn't single people out.

Old 07-31-2007, 02:18 PM
WesV
Rookie

I never said it was fair, but stereotypes happen for a reason. A larger percentage of people who drive Vipers, Corvettes, painted up lowed ricers, etc (including racing striped pickups) are included to break the speed limit on a consistant basis then the percentage of people who drive Tauras, Luminas and Corrollas. This is not bais, but statistical fact. That is why no one ever paid attention to my black Lincoln that would do 0-60 in 5.1 If you choose to drive a flashy vehicle, you have to understand that it will draw more attention, wheither it seems fair or not. My original point is still basic, if you aren't doing anything wrong, Lumina or Corvette, they have nothing to pull you over for.

Old 07-31-2007, 03:01 PM
Bouncer88
All Star

ORIGINAL: WesV

I never said it was fair, but stereotypes happen for a reason. A larger percentage of people who drive Vipers, Corvettes, painted up lowed ricers, etc (including racing striped pickups) are included to break the speed limit on a consistant basis then the percentage of people who drive Tauras, Luminas and Corrollas. This is not bais, but statistical fact. That is why no one ever paid attention to my black Lincoln that would do 0-60 in 5.1 If you choose to drive a flashy vehicle, you have to understand that it will draw more attention, wheither it seems fair or not. My original point is still basic, if you aren't doing anything wrong, Lumina or Corvette, they have nothing to pull you over for.
I understand that, but when they pull me over and there is still one cop available to pull someone over (since there were 2) and the other just waves people down and tells them to slow down it upsets me.

Old 07-31-2007, 08:08 PM
Cereal Killer
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well nobody's ever happy to get pulled over. Even if you don't get a ticket it's usually still an inconvienience. Especially if you have a time frame.
What's gay is when you get pulled over for something you didn't know about (like a burned out tail light) and the cop takes your weed [sm=bustedsign.gif]. Which is why it isn't a bad idea to check your light out every time you get gas or something. I've never actually had a cop give me a ticket for a burned out light, but I know that they can.

And I can definetly see WesV's point. As truck drivers we don't have it as bad as people who have sports cars, but driving a big truck (especially alifted up truck with biggianttiresdoes draw attention.) And you might get pulled over just to see if it's street legal. Probably not where you live anytime you leave your territory.

Old 07-31-2007, 08:44 PM
Sinister
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i'd rather be pulled over and issued a warning for a busted tail light, rather than have him bust me for speeding..

which is one reason i'm cautious when i do.- i dont feel like having my license screwed for another 5 years.. . after april 08 my license is clean, and I intend to keep it that way as it is imperative to have a clean class 1 when working for my company.

there's alot, and i do mean alot of times, where its hard to drive as slow as the speed limit only permits.. when you can see 5 miles of straight road, dont you ever just want to drop the hammer?

Quick Reply: Cops, I hate em. (Only the prick ones)