2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Colorado Roundup? (Updated with Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 09:57 PM
Aubrey
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Colorado Roundup? (Updated with Pics)

How many people are actually here in Colorado? Is there enough to organize a trail ride before winter? Copper just had a dusting of snow and we gotta get trail rides in as much as possible. Is this something we can do or are there only 2 or 3 of us in the whole state on here? - thanks

Old 08-25-2007, 12:43 PM
defiantmopar
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Colorado Roundup?

Colorado here, Glenwood Springs to be exact

Old 08-25-2007, 04:00 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd be up for it if we could get a decent turnout.

Old 08-25-2007, 05:51 PM
ddog737374
Professional

Im from littleton im down

Old 08-25-2007, 06:03 PM
nhlbill
Veteran

Westminster here, and I would be up for something too.

Old 08-25-2007, 07:29 PM
Bigfoot68

I'm in Aurora. I would be in depending on when this ride would be.

Old 08-26-2007, 10:38 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion

Alright all, lets see if we can make this happen. I'm pretty booked through the rest of this month and next, and the weekends i'm not booked, i'm on call. But, I am available the weekend of Sept. 22-23 or Oct 6-7. How would one of these dates work for you all?

I'm thinking we should just meet somewhere in the Denver area, and go from there since that seems to be where most of you are from. Or we can just meet at some trail (probably nothing too technical since not all our trucks are build to the max). I'll leave that up to you guys that live up there to suggest a good place, i'm suggesting some dates though.

Let me know what you guys want to do.

Old 08-27-2007, 01:04 AM
jbrowning

I'm in Colorado Springs. I am up for a GTG.

Jim

Old 08-27-2007, 02:30 AM
nhlbill
Veteran

Okay, lets do this on Saturday 9/22/07. Thats a month away, so mark your calendar!

For trails, I can suggest a very mild, but extremely scenic trail outside of Rollinsville called Kingston Peak trail. It can be done by a stock Dodge Ram 4x4 and there is no chance for body damage. If we meet in Rollinsville in the mid morning say 10:00am, we could be 1/2 way up the trail by lunch time and have a BBQ on the trial. There is a very wide open area with a couple mud pits that some could play in if they so desire while we gathered for lunch. There is tons of room at that location to get everyone off the trail and have a BBQ style lunch before procedding up the trail.

Kingston is supposed to be a one way trail starting outside of Rollinsville (on Hwy 119 north of Blackhawk and Central City) and going up and over Kingston Peak and then down into the town of Alice at the base of St. Mary's Glacier, but occasionally you'll see somebody doing it the opposite way. I have personally seen stock new style Chevy Tahoe's on this trail.....it doesn't get any easier without lines painted on the road! After dropping off into Alice, you take Fall River Road out to I-70 and then down I-70 through Idaho Springs. The other option would be to skip the trail lunch and then gather at Beau Joes in Idaho Springs afterwards which is always fun too.

The big attraction with Kingston is the scenery. The trail starts in the trees, but quickly rises above tree line to the peak of the mountian where the views are tremendous. There is a tradition on this trail where you bring up a rock with your name and date on it and place it on the pile at the summit. The "Pile" is more like the walls of a building now, but it is very cool for first timers.

Don't get me wrong, there are some spots that would be challenging for stock rigs, but no problem as far as risking any damage, or not making it and having to turn back.

So what do you guys think? Sound like fun? Then lets do it!!! Too many times I see these fizzle out, let's do it this time!!!

Saturday, September 22nd, 10am meet in Rollinsville (right off Hwy 119). Anyone with CB radios who would want to coordinate a radio channel go right ahead, I don't have mine in the truck, but might by then.

Lets get an official sign up/commitmentvolunteer, and decide if we want to do the trail lunch or Beau Joe's Pizza after the trail.

The other thing that can be thrown out there, is that there is some camping close by. If some guys wanted to drive up Friday and camp, I would be up for that. Then we could meet up with the others that are coming up for the day and head out.

So let's get answers:
Date/Time (Sat. 9/22/07 at 10:00am) Yes orNo
Location (Kingston Peak - Rollinsville) Yes or No
Lunch (On trail BBQ or Beau Joe's Pizza)Trailor Pizza
Camping Friday Yes or No

I would be up for the trip as outlined with Camping Friday night, and Beau Joe's for lunch Saturday after the trail)
Bill

Old 08-27-2007, 10:28 AM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion

Thanks Bill for the suggestion, sounds great to me. Here's my answers:

Date/Time (Sat. 9/22/07 at 10:00am) Yes

Location (Kingston Peak - Rollinsville) Yes
Lunch (On trail BBQ or Beau Joe's Pizza) Either
Camping Friday Probably no, but not sure yet

Quick Reply: Colorado Roundup? (Updated with Pics)