2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

better fuel milage? or POS

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 12:16 AM
dishdude2k
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: better fuel milage? or POS

ok so i lied.. took it off.. it IS a tb spacer.. called a 'helix power tower' model number EO D516-2 kinda dirty.. might be taking off the intake to clean it.. unless theres something i can put in it to clean it with it still on.. but its nasty.. lotta buildup.. plenum looks ok though... all of its nasty tho.. gonna give it a good cleaning.. clean up the IAC and hopefully it runs better..

Old 09-02-2007, 09:37 AM
dishdude2k
Captain

not sure why the pics arent showing up.. but i had some on there showing how nasty the tb.. spacer and all was.. i took it all off.. took out the IAC and other sensors.. cleaned them good.. cleaned the spacer and tb good.. put it all back together.. and wow.. the difference.. it used to hesitate before when i hit the gas.. it dont no more.. i almost squawked the 35 inch tires.. response time is awesome.. seems like there was like a miss before.. and thats gone now too...

Old 09-03-2007, 11:10 AM
dishdude2k
Captain

HAHAHA just read a write up on how absolutely worthless these things are on any kind of newer vehicle.. guess ill go take it back off.. it was on when i got the truck so i will have to go get shorter bolts for it so i can just bolt down the tb..

also.. i am thinking on a new intake and tb.. i seen these 2 on summit racing .. any feedback or suggestions?

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...p;autoview=sku

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...p;autoview=sku

Old 09-04-2007, 06:29 AM
HankL
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Quick Reply: better fuel milage? or POS