2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Stupid lady hit my truck NO!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 04:20 PM
ICEMAN_CH
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Stupid lady hit my truck NO!!!!!!

Hey, motorbreath not to throw off the topic or anything but I just relized that you are in Gerogia. Do you know of any good places to wheel at? In the next 6 months I'm moving from Utah to Anderson, South Carolina. I'm about 11 miles from the boarder with Gergia.The landscape and people are so much nicer down there. I'll be driving through next week taking all of my stuff and the inlaws stuff down there.

Old 09-19-2007, 05:14 PM
hkspwrsche
Rookie

If it was an intentional act then she wouldnt have coverage for this incident through her policy. You should file a claim with your company to have them help fight for you. also your company should/will get the police report and the witness info and hopefully they will get a recorded statement from them all ASAP.
As long as the independent witnesses back up your story it wont get charged against your policy and your company can recover from her. You can also take the transcribed statements into court to get the ticket dropped and then file charges once your ticket has been dropped.If she is shown at fault then and her company denies based on her intentional act thenyour insco can collect directly from her or suspend her lics if she doesnt pay.

Old 09-19-2007, 06:42 PM
Nofrag
Champion

3 words.... Judge Joe Brown

Old 09-19-2007, 07:08 PM
Cereal Killer
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

lol I thoughthat, but seriously don't subject yourself to white trash television. If it were my truck I'd want it taken seriously, in real court of law.

Old 09-19-2007, 08:12 PM
motorbrreath
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: ICEMAN_CH

Hey, motorbreath not to throw off the topic or anything but I just relized that you are in Gerogia. Do you know of any good places to wheel at? In the next 6 months I'm moving from Utah to Anderson, South Carolina. I'm about 11 miles from the boarder with Gergia.The landscape and people are so much nicer down there. I'll be driving through next week taking all of my stuff and the inlaws stuff down there.
the mountains... its killer up there.lots of national forest withold logtrails [sm=yikesomg.gif]some can be kinda scary...
let me know when u get here for good, we will do some trails together.

Old 09-19-2007, 11:05 PM
White Ram
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ICEMAN_CH

A little "professional" advice -

I know you're pissed, and I know it sucks, but instead of ranting and listening to everybody else rant, go find out for sure. Different states are different when it comes to "assault" with a motor vehicle. Go to your local courthouse and ask to speak to a prosecutor, or district attorney, or state's attorney, or whatever you call them where you're from. Give him the details and see what he/she thinks. They're free,and normally they're willing to give you some free advice. If he thinks you have a case, then spend money on a Johnny Cochrane-type lawyer and sue the **** out of her. The tough part is "proving" she did it on purpose. You do have the names of the witnesses, right? I guess you didn't bother taking a ride in the ambulance, huh? Always take the ride in the ambulance - or at least go to the emergency room right after the accident.

Good Luck, Bro.

Old 09-20-2007, 10:45 AM
ICEMAN_CH
All Star

ORIGINAL: hkspwrsche

If it was an intentional act then she wouldnt have coverage for this incident through her policy. You should file a claim with your company to have them help fight for you. also your company should/will get the police report and the witness info and hopefully they will get a recorded statement from them all ASAP.
As long as the independent witnesses back up your story it wont get charged against your policy and your company can recover from her. You can also take the transcribed statements into court to get the ticket dropped and then file charges once your ticket has been dropped.If she is shown at fault then and her company denies based on her intentional act thenyour insco can collect directly from her or suspend her lics if she doesnt pay.

Yea, thats kind of the route I'm headed down. I'm going to go get the police report today. I can't do anything about the ticket until I get back from my trip to South Carolina. As soon as I get the ticket droped I'll file charges. The hardest part is going to be getting the ticket dropped. It seems like noone will belevie that someone would just ram someone else. My insurance company wasn't even going to pull the police report until I finally told them that I had three witness. The insurance company kept saying that the citation is what said who was at fault which is bull **** because the citation dosen't mean anything until I plead guilty or judge deems me guilty. The funny thing is if you look at the damage on my truck and then look at the damage on her car it's pretty easy to figure out who hit who. Plus I've got three witness. It's just a pain in the butt to get anyone to listen. The insurance company dosen't want to listen because it is going to cost them more if they fight it. I'm sure the judge won't want to listen because thats less money for his city. Oh well we'll see what happens.

Old 10-22-2007, 02:22 PM
ICEMAN_CH
All Star

Alright here's the update. When the insurancce company first called me they said that because I got the citation it was my fault. I proceeded to call my agent and tell him what a load of crap that was. So the insurance adjuster called back and said that she would pull the police report. About two weeks later they called me again and said that after talking to the witness they agreeded with me that the lady should be responsible but, because there could still be issues as to fault they were going to do a no fault meaning they would pay for my damage (after my deductible) and they would let her insurance company pay for hers. What a load of crap!! I went into court today to try and get the ticket dismissed the dang judge is making me wait until december 5th to go to trial. grrrrr Also I just found out that she has already had her damage fixed. Here I am waiting so that I can make sure everything gets cleared up and shes off with a fixed car. I'm going to try and call her insurance and yell at them a little to see if they will pay my damages. As soon as this is all cleared up I'm switching to geico or something.

Old 10-22-2007, 03:51 PM
Cereal Killer
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about that. Going through he legal process takes a rediculous amount of time. Hope it works out for you,

Old 10-22-2007, 04:00 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion

I am with everyone else, she sounds like a real bitch. What insurance company do you currently have?

Quick Reply: Stupid lady hit my truck NO!!!!!!