2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Stupid lady hit my truck NO!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 11:13 AM
ICEMAN_CH
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stupid lady hit my truck NO!!!!!!

It's sucks so bad. She hit me right in front of the rear tire and went all the way to the front door. I was in the merge lane. I put my blinker on and made sure there was room for me to come over. Then I started going over this was all in stop and go traffic. I got half of my truck into the lane. so she pulled up next to me. Let me remind you that this is stop and go traffic nothing over 5 miles. she keeps follwing me on my side. so then we stop again and she turns the wheel away from me and then back into me and guns it. She scrapes along my truck from the rear tire up to my front door. The thing that blows me away is I got a ticket for unsafe merging even though two witness say she intenionaly hit me. This one sucks. I have half a thought to press assualt charges. It's just going to be really hard to prove. I've already got a qoute to fix the damage it's going to cost me three grand. grrrrrr.

Old 09-19-2007, 11:25 AM
rtmorrisjr
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Stupid lady hit my truck NO!!!!!!

i would go after her in court...if you have witnesses that saw it, did you get there names and numbers? If so pursue it in court. if not, sorry to hear of the truck.

Old 09-19-2007, 11:28 AM
ICEMAN_CH
All Star

That's what I don't understand. Three witness stopped and filled out reports saying the same thing taht I said. They all said that she intentionally hit me and the cop still gave me a ticket. For now I've made a claim with her insurance.

Old 09-19-2007, 11:32 AM
rtmorrisjr
Captain

at least they stopped and filled out a report. you have that at least. good luck man.

Old 09-19-2007, 11:34 AM
Socha_62
Record Breaker

IF they filled out a report they're on record. Take her to court, you'd becrazy not to. Worst thing that could happen is that you have to pay for it all yourself, and thats where you are right now

Old 09-19-2007, 11:38 AM
ICEMAN_CH
All Star

Do you think I ought to file charges against her? It is assualt. she intentionaly hit me with a car. Thats a pretty big deal. Right now I'm trying to see what the insurance companies say as far as who has to pay. The thing that sucks is the truck will never be the same. They have to paint everything from the front drivers side fender back to the tail light. I wonder if I ought to have them paint the whole truck a differnt color.

Old 09-19-2007, 11:42 AM
rtmorrisjr
Captain

If you want to get technical, that could probably be classified as attempted homicide w/ a vehicle. not sure if thats the case tho, but def. assualt w/ a vehicle.

Old 09-19-2007, 11:45 AM
ICEMAN_CH
All Star

Well I'm not sure how much of a dick I want to be as far as pressing any charges but I'm thinking about it. I'll keep you all posted on what happens. Apperently she's already filed a claim on my insurance.

Old 09-19-2007, 11:50 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

I would contact a lawyer myself. You have witnesses who saw the incident. You have it on a police file. You cant be at fault if she INTENTIONALLY drives into you.

I personally would fight it, and fight it big......

Old 09-19-2007, 12:16 PM
Cereal Killer
Champion

Definetly go after it in court. At least make sure you get your truck paid for.I'm not even trying to start a debate herebut you probably gota ticketbecause it was a woman who hit you and you're in a big truck. If it would have been the other way, and you would haveintentionally backed into her with your big truck I'm fairly confindentthe blame would still havefound it's way to you. Deffinetly deffinetly make sure you get your truck paid for.People who do crazy **** like that shoulnd'thave liscenses. I mean every morning on the way to work I probablyvisualize myselfrunning about adozen people off the road, BUTi don't actaully do it. That's the difference between beingpissed off and being pschycotic.

And Iceman... Doesn't you back hurt? your neck? can't you feel that aching? haven't you been having problems sleeping at night, and when you do you have terrible nightmares about that day? That's pain and suffering brother. That's big $$$

Quick Reply: Stupid lady hit my truck NO!!!!!!