2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

About the Blue light bar BLUEBEAST2 has....

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 03:25 AM
BigRedMiniRig
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default About the Blue light bar BLUEBEAST2 has....

I personaly think that it is bad ***, and that all the people who were making fun of him need to grow up and get some f*(king respect for people.

You also need to remeber laws differ from state to state, i know in NJ (where my family lives) Volunteer fire fighters personal vehicles areONLY allowed to have BLUE and official trucks (payed by state or w/e) can have Red and Blue, but in texas (where i live) once your a volunteer firefighter you can thro Red and blue color lights on your personal vehicle.

So i wouldn't dis BLUEBEAST2 because he is 99% most likely a firefighter and he probably does do things on a daily basis you wouldnt do, i would like to see ya'll risk your life for some one you dont know.

BLUEBEAST2 you rock for being a firefighter, you have my respect, i wanted to be a volunteer firefighter but its all paid firefighters in my town and you have to be 21 so im out of luck for now

oh, and if anyone wants to send hate-mail to a wanabee firefighter, just PM me, because i have the full blown red and blue lights for my ram when i applied to be a firefighter(but got turned down)

Old 11-24-2007, 06:00 AM
IndyRamMan
Champion
Default RE: About the Blue light bar BLUEBEAST2 has....

ORIGINAL: BigRedMiniRig

I personaly think that it is bad ***, and that all the people who were making fun of him need to grow up and get some f*(king respect for people.

You also need to remeber laws differ from state to state, i know in NJ (where my family lives) Volunteer fire fighters personal vehicles areONLY allowed to have BLUE and official trucks (payed by state or w/e) can have Red and Blue, but in texas (where i live) once your a volunteer firefighter you can thro Red and blue color lights on your personal vehicle.

So i wouldn't dis BLUEBEAST2 because he is 99% most likely a firefighter and he probably does do things on a daily basis you wouldnt do, i would like to see ya'll risk your life for some one you dont know.

BLUEBEAST2 you rock for being a firefighter, you have my respect, i wanted to be a volunteer firefighter but its all paid firefighters in my town and you have to be 21 so im out of luck for now

oh, and if anyone wants to send hate-mail to a wanabee firefighter, just PM me, because i have the full blown red and blue lights for my ram when i applied to be a firefighter(but got turned down)
well, if you want an official truck, go buy an indy....it says official truck right on the side, then you can have any light you want .

Old 11-24-2007, 12:11 PM
ryans590
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow i missed that thread lol...

i thought it was commonly known that most places in the states aloud you to put certain lights on if you were a part of a VFD, here in Canada its not so but i know is the states it is, if someone were to just throw a light bar on because they felt like it i don't think you would get far because i believe you need to have the registration for an emergency vehicle too. i was a volunteer firefighter for 2 years andlike i saidhere in Canada it is illegal to throw lights on your personal vehicle but that's not why i did it, and personally think someone who wants tobe a firefighterit just to put on flashy lights should find a different hobby,

...but like i said i don't know that this thread id in relation to so i could be way you to lunch, someone please enlighten me

Old 11-24-2007, 01:56 PM
ICEMAN_CH
All Star

ORIGINAL: ryans590

wow i missed that thread lol...

i thought it was commonly known that most places in the states aloud you to put certain lights on if you were a part of a VFD, here in Canada its not so but i know is the states it is, if someone were to just throw a light bar on because they felt like it i don't think you would get far because i believe you need to have the registration for an emergency vehicle too. i was a volunteer firefighter for 2 years andlike i saidhere in Canada it is illegal to throw lights on your personal vehicle but that's not why i did it, and personally think someone who wants tobe a firefighterit just to put on flashy lights should find a different hobby,

...but like i said i don't know that this thread id in relation to so i could be way you to lunch, someone please enlighten me
It was an old thread started by someone who seemed like a troll. They had all of nine posts on the site. The guy was complaining about the cracked dashboard problem and how dodge wasn't really taking care of it. I think the guy thought that this site was affiliated with dodge somehow. Anyways the guy got real upset and took it out on the members here. His first post was the only post that wasn't a personal attack against someone. Anywayshe had thing for bluebeast I guess. Theygot into and he was telling bluebeast he wasn't really a fire fighter beacause his lights were blue instead of red. It was a dumb thread it got locked and went away. I don't think that anyone else on this site has ever made fun of bluebeast because of the light other then that guy.

Old 11-24-2007, 02:33 PM
THEGOLDPRO
Captain

in ct police are red/blue fire are straight red, volunteer are blue. i was a volunteer fire fighter when i was stationed in maine in the military, and ran lights on my car.

Old 11-24-2007, 03:23 PM
padodgeram
Record Breaker

theres other stuff we can bust blue ***** on ??? LOL....

Old 11-24-2007, 04:10 PM
ryans590
Record Breaker

ahh figured it was something stupid, it Canada its pretty much standard across the country, cops/peace officers (game Worden's, fisheries officers ect) run red and blue everyone else (ambulances, firetrucks, rescue trucks) are red, and tow trucks, and anything needing a "caution light" is amber, oh and snow plows are amber and red, there was something i herd about a couple years back about that volunteer firefighters were going to be aloud green flashing lights, but i never herd anymore on it and have ever seen one herd anyone using them so i don't think i happened, i think part of the reason was no one would know what a flashing green light would mean, and they don't want everyone having red and/or blue lights which is why only emergency vehicles are aloud them, we always just used out 4 way flashers ans flicked out high/low beam and honked out horn, it wasnt exactly legal but everyone in town knew what it meant, and cops never bothered us (tho i did have one follow me to a scene once)

Old 11-24-2007, 06:39 PM
BlueBeast2
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks big red. At first I was like oh great another guy wants to get on me about my lights thankfully I was wrong. Here its police are red/blue, fire and ems is red or red and clear, Firefighters are blue. Unless your a chief officer you can run red. If you wanna get technical some of my lights are not allowed. I'm not suppose to have clears, head and tail light strobes, lights in the dash on in my grill, actually your not even suppose to have amber with bluebut I did them anyway. I've never had a problem with any of my light set-ups police wise. I hardly run them anyway cause i live across the street from the station lol.

Ryanflashing green lights would just look stupid lolweused to have a thing here that command units would have a flashing green light at the sceneso people would know where to get orders but nobody does that anymore.

I know some states as mentioned don't allow people to run blue NC is like that. I went down there for a weekend last summer found that out.I was almost out of the state, stoped at a rest stop went in took a **** came out and there was a police car next to my truck. I was like oh **** i didn'tdo anything I wanted to walk the other way but figured he would see me. I walked up and he asked if I was a fire fighter in PA i said yeah he then tells me that its aganist the law for people to have blue lights and that only police can have them down there. He said they were having issues with impersonators and were keeping a stricker eye on them. When he found out I was on my way home he was like ok just wanted to let ya know so if you come down again you know the laws. He was suprised I hadn't gotten pulledover before him. So all I gotta do isput a black cover over all my blues when I go down there again

Old 11-24-2007, 06:52 PM
Socha_62
Record Breaker

Thats crazy in Canada you can't run any on your vehicle. Here in Michigan volunteers are only Red, and when theres a call and they have to get to the station they can pretty much get away with anything. They can tell the cops what to do and have all the same "rights" as police and EMS with lights on if theres a call. This is in their personal vehicles too, not the rigs.

Crazy how everyplace is different. Your truck does look sharp though bluebeast!

Old 11-24-2007, 07:25 PM
THEGOLDPRO
Captain

truck def looks sharp with em bluebeast i have strobes in my tails for plowing.

Quick Reply: About the Blue light bar BLUEBEAST2 has....