2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

WTF is a "spring pack"?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 07:40 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTF is a "spring pack"?

Hey all, need your help on this one. My girlfriend is currently in the midst of buying herself her own 2000 dodge ram. It's the sport model, its black, and it looks pretty neat. She says there is a guy she knows that will sell her a "SPRING PACK" for $100. She'd like to lift the truck 3-4". Is this "spring pack" mean a lift kit, or something? I wasnt familiar with that kind of termanology, so some help would be useful. She said the guy also said she needed a u-bolt for the spring pack to work, this sound right? Thanks guys!

Old 12-03-2007, 07:44 PM
dillonjm
Veteran
Default RE: WTF is a "spring pack"?

On leaf springs, the individual pieces that make up the whole are called leafs, the whole is called a leaf spring pack.

If you install new springs, you should always install new u-bolts. They can stretch and are not considered re-usable. That said, you CAN sometimes get away with re-using them, but it is cheap insurance to just put new ones in.

Old 12-03-2007, 07:48 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

So if she buys this pack, will this give her a complete lift kit, or are there other components she would need to buy to make this lift work?

Old 12-03-2007, 07:54 PM
dillonjm
Veteran

It depends on if the pack is designed to give lift or ride at stock height. Just out of curiosity are you sure he isn't trying to sell her lift blocks is he?

Either way springs themselves do not consititute an entire lift kit. For one, new leaf springs are not going to do anything to lift the front. Front end aside, for 4 inches or more you'll probably want to look into new shocks and probably longer brakelines for the rear as well. Up front you're looking at a lot more than that, springs, shocks, brake lines, control arms, track bar (be it relocation bracket or new adjustable bar), and possibly a sway bar relocation bracket and/or longer anti sway bar links.

Old 12-03-2007, 07:56 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Hmm..that's a good question. Sadly she hasn't really given me much information, so my knowledge is a little limited here. I'll have her ask him that in the e-mail though. I just wasn't sure what a spring pack even meant. I'll have her ask him if they are blocks, or if this is a complete kit that is going to lift this truck 3-4 inches, thanks for your help man.

Old 12-03-2007, 08:39 PM
xskylinedx
Record Breaker

Wait wait wait. Your saying your girlfriend wants a Ram with a lift kit, thats fantastic!

Old 12-03-2007, 11:01 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Haha i know aint it awesome?! Met this girl about 3 months ago, but we've been hanging for the last 2 weeks or so, and it's progressed very strong. She's into trucks and **** its awesome. To boot, shes hott lol! I'm really hoping she get this truck so she'll stop bugging me to drive my truck[8D]. I told her I'll give her my mud rovers and these rims in the spring when i get new rims and tires, i think that will be a big help for her if she gets this liftkit too. So you guys are saying though that this "spring pack" means it's just for the rear basically, and that she'd still need to get all the other front suspensional components along with new reinforcement parts like trackbars and brake lines etc??

Old 12-04-2007, 08:56 AM
dillonjm
Veteran

Yes.

Quick Reply: WTF is a "spring pack"?