2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

My cam swap thread :: UPDATE:: IT RUNS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 10:55 PM
padodgeram
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: My cam swap thread

ORIGINAL: IndyRamMan

ORIGINAL: padodgeram

comp cam conversion kit # 1425-KIT comes with the 1.6 roller rocker ,pushrods , guide plates , everything..lol ..hey indy your harland sharp come with the needle bearing i think most HP roller rocker come with it... im getting a high TQ cam grind # CRS264HR-12
Advertised Duration 264/274, Lift .512/.512
cant use stock springs so ill be calling them on wensday about what springs to use....
I went with the 6062s they are good for 610 lift, whereas the 9464s are good for 525. (though I am skeptical about the pressure at open because I can start to press the spring together by interlocking my fingers and squeezing. I too have to call about that.
indy do you what size valve springs you have.. are they Valve Springs: 1.494" Outer Diameter With Damper 353 Lbs

Old 12-31-2007, 02:29 AM
IndyRamMan
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: IndyRamMan

comp cam conversion kit # 1425-KIT comes with the 1.6 roller rocker ,pushrods , guide plates , everything..lol ..hey indy your harland sharp come with the needle bearing i think most HP roller rocker come with it... im getting a high TQ cam grind # CRS264HR-12
Advertised Duration 264/274, Lift .512/.512
cant use stock springs so ill be calling them on wensday about what springs to use....
I went with the 6062s they are good for 610 lift, whereas the 9464s are good for 525. (though I am skeptical about the pressure at open because I can start to press the spring together by interlocking my fingers and squeezing. I too have to call about that.
indy do you what size valve springs you have.. are they Valve Springs: 1.494" Outer Diameter With Damper 353 Lbs

Old 01-01-2008, 08:18 PM
IndyRamMan
Champion

I pulled the motor apart the other day, now its all ready to get everything put back in. I still have to pull the distributor, lifters, and the cam, but otherwise its naked. I took a wire wheel brush to my intake and my accessories. They look SO good. I also wire brushed the frame rails and tried to spraypaint them black, but it looks like dog crap, so Im going to take the paint off and get some roller paint and do it that way.

Name:  CamSwapengineapart2.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  122.7 KB

Name:  CamSwapengineapart1.jpg
Size:  129.0 KB

Name:  CamSwappartsingarage.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  108.9 KB

Name:  CamSwapnewparts.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  93.6 KB

Name:  CamSwaprockersnew.jpg
Size:  105.7 KB

Old 01-02-2008, 12:37 AM
SilverRam_01
Captain

Man, I wish I was you right now. The only thing I got to look forward to is getting up in the morning to check out my front end and figure out what the hell is squeaking and rattling... that's a damn good looking setup, more pics as-you-go!

Old 01-02-2008, 09:44 AM
IndyRamMan
Champion

I just ordered my gears, rebuild kit,and install kit. Someone shoot me Im spending way too much money on this hooptie! seriosly....shoot me.

Old 01-03-2008, 09:48 PM
IndyRamMan
Champion

Name:  CamSwapfrontengineparts.jpg
Size:  97.0 KB

Name:  CamSwapoldcam.jpg
Size:  105.3 KB

Name:  CamSwapoldlifters.jpg
Size:  86.9 KB

I pulled the cam today. Too damn cold to be doing that ****...way too cold. The cam inspection hole in the block is really nifty, incase you wanted to know.

Old 01-05-2008, 03:13 PM
IndyRamMan
Champion

Gears came in today from summit. Thems shur ar purdy! Waitin on the rebuild kit from randy's and my pcm, then I can start putting everything back together and fire-er-up! Its all just a waiting game now. Now that I am at home again (been living 50 miles from home for the last half month) I can knock all this out as soon as parts come in.

Old 01-05-2008, 04:21 PM
Cereal Killer
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You putting the gears in yourself Andy? Wouldnt mind a walkthrough on that if you got the time and patience to take pictures. The idea of someone else putting their filthy hands on my truck well... it's like watching your only daughter go out on her first date with some hoodlum...

Old 01-05-2008, 04:26 PM
IndyRamMan
Champion

welp, its another learning experience for me. Basicly if all goes well ill have a little monster...if not, ill have to buy a whole new drivetrain...lol. Ill take pictures or whatever when I do it. Im very confident in the job though, so In not worried

Old 01-05-2008, 04:32 PM
Cereal Killer
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Oh, I thought you had already done it once for some reason, but I must be thinking of someone else. Either way at this point in my life money spent on mechanics is money lost on tools to do jobs myself which in turn equals more money spent on mechanics, and thus creates a snowball effect...

Also I'm diggin the orange intake manifold...

How long did it take you to get the old cam out?

Quick Reply: My cam swap thread :: UPDATE:: IT RUNS!!!