2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

K&N in stock Air Filter?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 02:54 PM
padodgeram
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: K&N in stock Air Filter?

just to give you an idea , wife gave me an option , either i can get a new truck or keep what i have and dump $$$ into it.. so it was a no brainer this truck turning into a 5 year project till its said and done. now i have a 66 mailbu took 12 yrs to get that done also have an 84 chevy pickup that was a 2 yr project , and i still have my 68 dart from highschool sitting in storage love fixing on these cars& trucks.. my father inlaw has a 63 string ray he had that for 20 yrs and now is only getting it done with a 64 chevy with a 409.. my dad has a vega just getting that done 4 yr it took but its a full drag car. all great things take time...but the wife drives new cars go figure...

Old 12-21-2007, 03:09 PM
kowboydmac
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They just don't get it. I know when I drove my 75 Nova the girls would be like "why do you drive this thing" but I just loved it. A few girls thought it was cool, but they wouldn't drive it personally lol. Now I have the truck and "there's somethin women like about a pickup man". But I still have the Nova, but at 20 yrs old living in a duplex, there's no room or funds to fully restore the thing like I want too. Funny thing is, I have a K&N Filter for the Nova, but never put it on. Now the flywheel's been cracked and it's sat there since I got the truck. I put it up for sale on a Nova site, but since I really don't want to sell it, the asking price is way too high. Can't say I didn't try though

I have about a 6 month schedule I hope to stay too till I get my truck where I want it. Thank God for Tax Returns coming soon. Hopefully I'll get a 1200 dollar jumpstart that I can fully drop into the truck, and as long as I don't pay a mechanic, I can stretch those funds pretty well, along with about a 100-200 dollar weekly alotment. IDK the math, but hopefully I can get a truck going on to compete with some of you guys'. Not on the drag, just time and devotion.

Old 12-21-2007, 08:42 PM
1BigRamaniac
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did not use the sealing grease. I oiled it. The oil kit costs about $10 and you sould be able to get at least 3 recharges out of it.

Quick Reply: K&N in stock Air Filter?