2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

WHAT MADE YOU BUY YOUR RAM!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 12:59 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default WHAT MADE YOU BUY YOUR RAM!!!

just wondering what made yall buy your ram, i bought mine because my buddy had one ,and he let me drive it and it was a dream. and then one day i saw saw one i fell in love with, it was silver and it looked like the one walker texas ranger drove on that show and i sold my car and got the truck , and will never drive a car agian......

Old 01-10-2008, 01:12 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: WHAT MADE YOU BUY YOUR RAM!!!

I needed a truck. Didn't want a small one (though we looked breifly at the Dakota, but it was too pricey to get a quad cab and v8 Dakota). Didn't want a Chevy, so I started looking at F-150's and Ram 1500's (could only afford a 1/2 ton at the time). The Rams were slightly cheaper, so that's what I bought. My family is a Ford family, but my wife's family is a Dodge family, but only because of the Cummins. I couldn't afford a Cummins Dodge, but still liked the styling of the Ram more then the Ford, so that helped make my decision too.

Old 01-10-2008, 01:21 PM
lucas3397
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used to own a 1992 Toyota Pickup and a guy aproached me about trading it for a 97 Ram because he did not like the gas mileage. I drove it and fell in love with the power, it especially felt pwerful compared to my toyota that only had a 4 banger and 33x13.5 mud tires with stock gearing. I gave him my yota and 800 bucks and I got the Dodge.

Old 01-10-2008, 01:26 PM
JCliffordd
Professional

Had a Grand Cherokee was absolutely in love with, ended up trading it for a 91 Camaro Rs with a 350 in it (so dumb im an idiot for that fun car though) Had it for like 2 weeks missed wheeling. Put it up on craigslist and this guy with a quad cab ram wanted to trade. Looked at it fell in love looked so mean pulling up even though it was stock haha. But thats the story. My rents hate it, but i love it and its goingto be jacked up6" next week

Old 01-10-2008, 01:43 PM
CSCustomCars
All Star
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts

I had an 01 Grand Am GT that had 65k and was falling apart. Already put $4000 into it after i bought it just making it run like it was supposed to. I got really sick and tired of it and drove down to the local small dealer on a whim and saw my Dodge. It was love at first sight. 3 days later, 5000 on trade and paid the DMV fees The Ram was mine. I haven't looked back since. With all the problems I had with the GA, the truck treats me like gold. I haven't had any major problems, just maintenance stuff. I'm so happy with it.

Old 01-10-2008, 01:57 PM
1BigRamaniac
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Grill, hood and front quarter panels, the truckie feel when I drove one. Purchasedone new first year they ext-cab came out(95). Turned 192k on the way into work today. Mostly it was the grill. I did not really care that you could lift one up by the tiedowns.

A better question would be why did I keep it so long? It is a great, strong, good looking truck.
Even at 13 it can still jump up to 70 in no time. I get 16+ mpg which is acceptable for me. I feel sorry for the guys who ditch the truck, get a ricer, then make a carpayment + gas and they get to sit in a shoe. ???

P.S. You can see from my first car(avatar), why I like theRam!!! They look alike! 75 Grand Prix, 400

Old 01-10-2008, 02:06 PM
SilverRam_01
Captain

Because I couldn't do dump runs in a Focus.

Old 01-10-2008, 02:13 PM
CoastieJack
Rookie

It met myneeds andit fit my budget.

I was originally looking for a Chevy, but now that I know more about it I'd keep my 01 Dodge over an 01 Chevy any day.

Old 01-10-2008, 02:22 PM
ramit2001
Rookie

I was looking for a truck to replace my 92 Bronco that was falling apart. Was looking at an '01 Ford F-150 4x4 and my '01 Dodge Ram 4x4 and the dodge dealer was able to keep my payments lower and also I feel in love with the ram and was not too happy with the ford even though I was orignally a ford man. I love my ram and do not regret it except when I have to write the check for the truck payment. LOL I had told myself I would not drive another dodge after my '99 Durango 4x4 issues with the ball joints and transmission issues and here I am. I have had to rebuild the tranny and that sucks but still love my truck.

Old 01-10-2008, 02:54 PM
dodgeman22
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i had a 91 dakota reg cab 2wd with a v6 only good thing was it was manual, then i litteraly out grew it, i am 6 4 and it is really uncomfortable to fit in it, that and when i would shift, i would turnoff the lgiths with my knee, so then i blew the tranny up, and i was using my dads 99 ram and i fell in love with it, i always wanted to buy it from him, but he wouldnt sell, and one day while my truck was getting fixed i hit a tree with my dads ram, so he sold it to me, haha

Quick Reply: WHAT MADE YOU BUY YOUR RAM!!!