2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Roller Rockers installed

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008 | 11:43 AM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Default RE: Roller Rockers came today, any tips?

I have been told my truck sounds like it has a cam too. I kinda agree, but i'm so used to it now, that I can no longer really tell.

The hardened rods are really only for the racing crowd. The stock rods are prone to deflection, which at high rpm on a high hp engine can actually cost you performance. For a daily driver such as ours, you'll never know the difference. That's why I stayed with the stock pushrods too.

I'm planning my plenum repair and kegger mod for the first weekend in February, assuming I don't go buy an M1 instead (did I say that outloud).

Aim, Wait till you get the B&G or SCT. You think the 1.7's woke up your truck......

Old 01-13-2008 | 08:24 PM
aim4squirrels
|
Legend

An M1?

Silver, what changed your mind? You never wanted upper RPM power from what I've read before. Drag bug bit you...[sm=gears.gif]

Old 01-13-2008 | 09:09 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion

I haven't decided yet, but it is a possibility. 4.88's are going to give me the low end I need, so i'm thinking the M1 may give me the top end I think could be better on my truck too. Probably still just fix and mod my kegger for now, then do the M1 sometime after the 4.88's are in.

Old 01-13-2008 | 09:27 PM
TheForce55555
All Star

I would like to compliment you SILVER_DODGE, ur truck is freakin awesome and if you put the 4.88's in then it will be a freakin stump puller

Old 01-14-2008 | 12:23 AM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion

Thanks man. Ya, I can't wait to get them in. Hope padodgeram doesn't beat me too it though. He's always trying to one up me like that.

Old 01-14-2008 | 12:40 AM
lastrights
Grand Champion

the fastman really that worth it???

Old 01-14-2008 | 08:09 AM
IndyRamMan
Champion

ORIGINAL: aim4squirrels

well, I took it out this morning and jumped on it err... I mean, cleaned out the MCCC, and man, love them! Haven't had this much fun with it since I installed the Fastman! Much smoother acceleration, engine feels like it's not working as hard to get up to speed. Great mod for the money, IMO.

I've got about 4 more mods I want to do performance wise now:

Headers, (Tax Check baby!) looking into the Gibson SS shorties. Still think LT's are too much for the 5.2, not looking for top end, I want off the line jump.
Heads, about a grand at hughesengines.com I'm guessing around christmas of next year.
Mod the Keg, Summer 08, just need the time away from school and a rotozip or dremel. Figure I'll still beat Reid to it.
B&G or SCT flash, I'll save this for last and see how the SCT thing is shaking out. Plus, I'll maximize all the other mods if I have them done and broken in before I go. Summer '09 guesstimate.

Im gonna recomend that you leave the kegger mod to a shop...I just got finished mine and I would rather have a prostate exam a couple times, get kicked in the crotch, and possibly watch my truck get hit by a semi, than do that again. Took me about 25 hours of work on that pos to get it right. Saying it was a pita is a total understatement.

On a lighter note, nice its workin out for ya. Glad to hear it made such a drastic diffrence, just makes me even more excited to get mine on the road. The exhaust clips dont really show much diffrence though.

Old 01-15-2008 | 11:16 PM
aim4squirrels
|
Legend

Sorry I've been gone so long, had a busy week thus far.

Indy,
What was busting your ***** about cutting the runners down? You using a hand file or something? JK, were you porting and polishing as well?

Silver,
This was a discussion from another thread that I can't seem to locate right now,
Ballpark figure: what did a used PCM run you? And when you said to look for the same security group, is that a specific code designation, or are you jsut talking factory alarm, keyless entry, power locks, etc.?

lastrights, yes the fastman was really worth it.

Old 01-16-2008 | 12:05 AM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: aim4squirrels
Silver,
This was a discussion from another thread that I can't seem to locate right now,
Ballpark figure: what did a used PCM run you? And when you said to look for the same security group, is that a specific code designation, or are you jsut talking factory alarm, keyless entry, power locks, etc.?
I have bought two used PCM's, both happened to be Mopar Performance PCM's. I paid $50 for one, and around $100 for the other. I would think you could get a regular PCM for under $50 if you were patient.
No code designation that I know of, but if the truck it comes out of had factory security group (which I think included the items you listed), and you try to put it in a truck that did not have those options, the word on the street is that it will put the truck into limp mode, or no key mode. The ones I got matched my truck perfectly, so I never worried about it, but it was something I wasn't wanting to test. It was B&G that told me to watch out for that.

Old 01-16-2008 | 11:23 AM
lastrights
Grand Champion

what does the mopar performance pcm do???

Quick Reply: Roller Rockers installed