2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Roller Rockers installed

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008 | 12:05 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Default RE: Roller Rockers came today, any tips?

Increases you timing some for one. Supposed to be good for about 15-20 hp. I thought it performed better then the Hypertech programmer I had, but the B&G still blows them both away.

Old 01-16-2008 | 08:44 PM
aim4squirrels
|
Legend

Silver,

Thanks for all the help! Mopar PCM is a moot point for my '01, I'll try to scavenge around for an '01 5.2 that matches. We've got a few Dodge specific junkyards around here, I'll call around and see what they say.

I did notice the B&G offers a handheld tuner now as well. If the PCM's are too expensive around here, I just might go that route. Do you happen to know if the torque management they remove is a physical thing done to the PCM itself, or is it all computational? I would think if they weren't somehow physically changing the PCM (shorting a jumper or some other such modification) then Hypertech or Superchips would have figured out a way to remove the torque management on our trucks.

Old 01-16-2008 | 09:10 PM
WayneC
Captain

computational?
Man, you got ALL the terms!

Old 01-16-2008 | 10:25 PM
aim4squirrels
|
Legend

well,

I'm not exactly sure that it's a real word per se, but I hope you got the idea.

Old 01-16-2008 | 11:32 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion

I believe it is computational (in the programming), not physical.

Old 01-17-2008 | 01:58 AM
IndyRamMan
Champion

The center divider is a pita to get to. 3" wheel will cut your runners at the same time, and a dremmel wont cut fast at all. What I wound up doing was taking the dremmel and making little cuts on both sides, and then taking a bolt cutter to the plate and using that to shatter the alum. With the pre cuts the alum shattered right along those lines, so there was no worries about going into the manifold itself.

Old 01-17-2008 | 07:51 AM
aim4squirrels
|
Legend

No center divider on my intake thankfully, they stopped that somewhere around '98 or '99. They stopped using EGR and I think the need for it was gone. DC probably had the things over-produced and used them until the stock was depleted.

Not a bad a idea about the bolt cutters. I have been debating the Dremel vs. Rotozip purchase for a bit now. The Rotozip would be better for this job as its a beefier unit with a thicker shaft and collar than the dremel, but the dremel might get used more around the house. Rotozip's kind of bulky to try and get in tight places.

Old 01-17-2008 | 09:34 AM
IndyRamMan
Champion

I didnt know they stopped the center divider, they stopped the egr my year, as I dont have one. I didnt cut my runners. A little too much low end tq loss at that point for me. It already feels like it did before down low.

Old 01-17-2008 | 05:16 PM
aim4squirrels
|
Legend

ORIGINAL: IndyRamMan

It already feels like it did before down low.
Glad to hear the surgery was a success. You wife should be happy too...

Old 02-25-2008 | 02:19 PM
Blaydrnnnr
Professional

Great thread guys!!! Just what I was looking for. In the forums I've been getting info on a plenum fix I am going to be doing in a week or two....was thinking of doing the rockers as well. Now that I saw this thread...I think I'm gonna dive in. Thanks.. great job!!

Quick Reply: Roller Rockers installed