2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

How free is too free? (exhaust)

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 03:22 PM
1BigRamaniac
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: How free is too free? (exhaust)

You can calcultate everything about an exahaust. All you need to know is how to figure the volume of a cylinder.(v= piX d Xl)? Right? It gets tricky if the stuff you use is not mandrel bent.If you have anumber you are trying to stay under it is possible to do.

I was given a Hexagonal aquarium and figured out the number of gallons by taking measurments. (A hex is just two trapazoids).

BTW my stock exhaust is 2.5! I thought I was going to see a nice improvement over OEM but it is already what I planned to take it to. I am going to use the mandrel bent pipe though. Super 44 and a better cat.

Old 01-25-2008, 03:24 PM
padodgeram
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: 1BigRamaniac

You can calcultate everything about an exahaust. All you need to know is how to figure the volume of a cylinder.(v= piX d Xl)? Right? It gets tricky if the stuff you use is not mandrel bent.If you have anumber you are trying to stay under it is possible to do.

I was given a Hexagonal aquarium and figured out the number of gallons by taking measurments. (A hex is just two trapazoids).

BTW my stock exhaust is 2.5! I thought I was going to see a nice improvement over OEM but it is already what I planned to take it to. I am going to use the mandrel bent pipe though. Super 44 and a better cat.
If it = pie , im there....

Old 01-25-2008, 03:27 PM
1BigRamaniac
Veteran

I have only know one leg man in my life.

I like both kinds of *****, big ol good 'uns and good ol big uns[8D]

Old 01-25-2008, 03:28 PM
Cereal Killer
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Are you trying to be the next person to get one of their quotes put in somebodies signature?

Old 01-25-2008, 03:35 PM
pcfixerpro
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea but indy's sounds so much more sophistocated (sp). 1BigRamaniac's line is just the truth for the majority I hope. Indy'squote is just as good as what I used for my senior quote. "It is better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

Old 01-25-2008, 03:37 PM
RamGuy318
Professional

You might like a different type of muffler. The super 44 is more for cars than it is for trucks. The super 40 or the original 40 series would probably sound best because it gives a more bassier tone, being the casing is slighlty larger from my understanding.

Old 01-25-2008, 03:43 PM
zddp8868
Professional

ORIGINAL: padodgeram

If it = pie , im there....
dude, i just gotta say: ur awesome. i don't care what they say about you.

Old 01-25-2008, 03:44 PM
Cereal Killer
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: pcfixerpro

yea but indy's sounds so much more sophistocated (sp). 1BigRamaniac's line is just the truth for the majority I hope. Indy'squote is just as good as what I used for my senior quote. "It is better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."
I was actually talking about Padodgeram, but 1BigRamaniac got his post in before me. Pa's been spitting them out all day

You just made me remember my senior quote lol... "Everytime you roll up a dollar bill you suffocate the president" ahh... those where the days...

Ramguy318, That's a good point. The guy at the autoparts store told me the flowmaster super 44s were made more for mustangs and sports cars that can't fit the boxier flowmaster mufflers under them. They still sound alright on the big trucks though.

Old 01-25-2008, 04:22 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

SUPER 44 = MY LIFE[8D]

Old 01-25-2008, 05:08 PM
lv360ram
Captain

1. Louder IS faster.

2. No calculations or measurable evidence can negate the buttdyno.

3. If it FEELS faster, it IS faster.

Did you....? Well......I just know. How do you KNOW? Well.......(see 2 & 3 above)

Thanks to everyone for sharing their experience. I can see that any modification can be justified. I have read enough to prevent me from wasting anymore time and money totryto improve the performance of my truck. There are sooo many more worthwhile, meaningful, significant things i could be doing. Thanks again.

Quick Reply: How free is too free? (exhaust)