2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

FOR SALE.

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 11:43 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: FOR SALE.

ORIGINAL: bigmack
and your power issue, my truck withthe 5.9and a flowmaster kept up with my buddy who has a 04 chevy crew cab with a airaid and a TBS.
I'm not saying my 5.9L is super slow but my buddy has a stock Chevy 2500HD with the 6.0L in it and it will flat out put my truck to shame. It's quite a bit faster. I don't know that the 5.3L is a ton faster but the 6.0L which is a similar motor size is and it gets better gas milage. The only difference I can think of is I have 33"s and he doesn't but that shouldn't make that a big of a difference as it is between the two.

Old 01-23-2008, 11:48 PM
Cereal Killer
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

he's probably got 4.11 gears in that chevy too

Old 01-24-2008, 12:02 AM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Honestly I don't know. It's all stock other than a tool box in the bed. Did they come with 4.11's as an option? Shouldn't really matter as I have 4.10's in mine anyway. I don't mean its slightly faster than mine it would flat out just put mine to shame.

My uncles Suburban with the 5.3L felt a little faster than mine but not a whole lot they seemed more comparable. Then again it's a 5.3L vs a slightly modified 5.9L.

I'm not Chevy fan as they seem to have a lot of issues like I said but then again so does mine. I will say the brakes on my truck feel a whole lot better than they do on the Chevy. Overall I like my truck more but it's no where near as fast and gets a lot worse gas milage.

Quick Reply: FOR SALE.