2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Whats it worth? Including exhaust clip

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 01:59 PM
lucas3397
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats it worth? Including exhaust clip

I am getting ready to go to school and have decided to downsize. My truck is not practical enough to drive back and forth from school. I just wanted to get your guys opinion on what you all think its worth. Its a 97 1500 Ram of course.Its a 5.9 and it has about 145,000 miles on it.As for performance it has a Mopar round air intake, and a Flowmaster muffler. Visually it has a 3" Top Gun Customz lift, 16" Xtreme Rock Krawler Wheels, 305/70/16 Maxxis Buckshot Mudder Tires that roughly convert to 33/12's and it has 15% tinted windows.

Im an idiot and cant figure out how to upload pictures (apparently there all to big)so there isnt any , but if someone could inform me on how tothere will be.

Here is a sound clip of the exhaust tho, its a Flowmaster Super 40, Dumped before the rear axle.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=W8HcNImpjgA

Old 01-23-2008, 02:36 PM
Cereal Killer
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Whats it worth? Including exhaust clip

Why'd you lift your truck and put 33s on it if you can't afford to drive it?

If you want to post pictures you can do it out of www.imageshack.com or www.photobucket.com
and then copy and paste the link to make the picture show up here.

and as for your truck... without any pictures it's hard to say but If it's in good condition with no rust or missing paint or anything I'd say about $4,000
Might want to go a little higher just so if someone tries to talk you down they only end up talking you down to $4,000 anyhow.

Old 01-23-2008, 03:13 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

What I do is go to www.edmunds.com and see what its worth stock, and then add the value of the aftermarket stuff that you've done to it. If you think its to high, knock off some of the price. (Do research to see what similar trucks are going for in your area.)

You can also use KBB if you prefer it, but I prefer Edmunds.

Old 01-23-2008, 04:14 PM
lucas3397
Professional

I also have a Jeep thatI drive back and forth from my currentschool and work that helps on gas, but the Jeep has alot of problems and I dont trust it to make the 2 and a half hour trip there and back home when I want to, plus the school is in Nashville TNand I really dont want to just break down anywhere in Nashville. I would sell the Jeep but its only worth about 1500 bucks which would buy me nothing more reliable then itself. But anyway thats why I can afford to drive my truck around home.

Yeah, I did the KBB used value thing its calls for 5,495
Here is the link which includes a condition quiz http://www.kbb.com/KBB/UsedCars/Pric...B1%3B0%3B0%3B1

And here is some pics Thanks to "Cereal Killer" Notice it does not have a grill in one of the pictures. Its because I dont have a replacement YET. It will have a billet grille before it goes for sale.

http://s260.photobucket.com/albums/i...t=37cf3cc0.pbw

Old 01-23-2008, 04:31 PM
Cereal Killer
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

She's in good shape. I think 5,500 is a little steep for 145,000 miles but if that's what Kelly blue book says, than that's what it's worth.

If I were you I'd sell the jeep and keep the truck. 1,500 will go along way at an auction, especially a sheriffs auction. My friend got a 97 cavalier at one for 200 bucks, has 100,000 miles on it. Now at 117,000 miles there's still nothing wrong with it and he hasn't had any trouble with it. Just athought.

Old 01-23-2008, 04:57 PM
lucas3397
Professional

Thats true, I dont really want to get rid of the truck , I love the truck, I had originally planned on keeping it and when I get out of school and get a good job start building it up for hardcore off road use.

I was thinking that the blue book was a bit high too, but thats nothing to complain about.

Old 01-23-2008, 08:30 PM
hayman

just put your stock tires and wheels on when you leave for school to get the gas milage and change them when you get to school. that way you save money for gasand when you get there you still have a coolpickup

Old 01-23-2008, 10:18 PM
ozyran
Professional

ORIGINAL: hayman

just put your stock tires and wheels on when you leave for school to get the gas milage and change them when you get to school. that way you save money for gasand when you get there you still have a coolpickup
That seems like a TON of work just to have a cool looking truck.

But, I agree: going back to the stock wheels/tires might help with the mileage.

Old 01-24-2008, 12:26 AM
lucas3397
Professional

Yeah, it would be a a good improvement, but I dont have my stock wheels or tires. I'm sure I could find a set pretty easy if I wanted to.

Quick Reply: Whats it worth? Including exhaust clip