2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

I'm jealous of my brother=)

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008 | 05:36 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
|
Banned
Default I'm jealous of my brother=)

Well, I must admit, I'm a tad jealous right now lol. Last week my brother and I decided to tackle his header job (Yes, I know, amazing right?). We had a relatively easy time taking his manifold bolts off because he just had the engine replaced less than 2 years ago, so the bolts were relatively new. We took the bolts off, and then realized that one of the bolts where the casting is that goes into the head was half chipped, we just were able to pull it out with our hands, so this was pretty sad. This was a HUGE dissapointment!!! So, we had to bring the truck to a shop to have them check the head out. They told us the head would need to be taken out so they could reweld the casting, they are under the impression this can be fixed and that it doesn't need a new head. They have taken out both heads on his truck and they are being sent out to a mechine shop to be replaned as well. So, right now his engine is really opened up at the shop right now. Now is the time to add anything to the engine while she is opened up...right?. So like a good brother, I am helping him byy a performance camshaft, double roller timing chain, and bigger valve springs and retainers. They should be here early next week, and the mechanic is just going to pop them in while he has the engine opened up. He said since the head job is such a big job, he is going to charge a minimal cost since he is going to be in there anyway. Although I am very excited for my brother Mike that he's getting newly planed heads, his doug thorley tri-y headers in, and a camshaft now, I also am very JEALOUS lol! I'm not going to be a dick though, I love my dodge, but I got to hook my brother up, that truck is going to be really special when everything is done. We weren't even expecting to do the camshaft, but we just figure while that 460ci beast is opened up right now, might as well just spend the extra money and have it done while the oppurtunity is available. I mean, what kinds of gains should he expect said and done? It's going to have the tr-y headers that butt into his true dual. A camshaft, and a k&n intake, and a tuned ecm. He better not beat me now off the line after this!! Anyway, I am interested to see what the camshaft does to his truck. If it makes a big difference for him, you can kind of guess what direction I will be going into next! I'll keep you guys posted!

Old 01-31-2008 | 05:41 PM
CSCustomCars
All Star
Default RE: I'm jealous of my brother=)

your an awfully nice brother. Wish I had a bother like you![sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 01-31-2008 | 06:19 PM
johnjokela
Veteran

your truck runs like **** and your spending money on your brother's[sm=WTFsgign.gif]but then again family is family , so i know where your coming from on that[sm=icon_cheers.gif]i try to help family out no matter what the cost..............

Old 01-31-2008 | 07:24 PM
Silver_Power
Veteran

I hear ya man.. Im fixing up my dodge, and working on my brother 86 silvarado at the same time.. gotta say both trucks are gonna be BEASTS! woulda done the same for my brother.

Old 01-31-2008 | 09:22 PM
blkbaretta
Veteran

Yeah, that thing will be a beast. 460 w/ headers, true duals, camshaft, and the K&N; that will be most impressive. He may be able to take you after all of this is done. That's definitely nice of you to hook him up like that; maybe he will return the favor when it's your turn.

Old 01-31-2008 | 10:30 PM
Sirhilton17
Captain

Thats gunna be sweet!

stock 460... nothing special... but they get really nice with cams and what not... yall should get the heads ported while they are off.

Old 01-31-2008 | 11:04 PM
kowboydmac
All Star

What a guy. Aren't we distant cousins or something? I could use a few "Adjustments". Brother. Lol.

Old 02-01-2008 | 12:33 AM
lastrights
Grand Champion

your going to have to post some vids and picks of your bro treuck when its done

Old 02-01-2008 | 08:54 AM
xskylinedx
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: 20DodgeNeon00

I mean, what kinds of gains should he expect said and done? It's going to have the tr-y headers that butt into his true dual. A camshaft, and a k&n intake, and a tuned ecm.
Gains? Its a Ford. The thing will probably start, cough, choke, then die! [sm=joke.gif]
Then it will be ....Dodge layn' the smack down. [sm=chairshot.gif] lol

Quick Reply: I'm jealous of my brother=)