2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Fire update (got the pic embedded now)

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 11:03 PM
CPTAFW163
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Fire update (got the pic embedded now)

Well, I have cleaned everything out of my engine compartment that was burned. Here is the list of things i had to buy:
Accel super tune up package (should have gotten the summit but I didn't read the post) $100
Pro Flo air cleaner $18
Used wiring harness (1996 4x4 5.2) $450
24# injectors F1TE D9A Bosch $342 shipped www.fiveomotorsport.com
Fastman TB plus the 3 sensors $255
Crank pos sensor $45 rockauto
Cam pos sensor $18 rockauto
Vac lines, throttle cable, cruise cables and lines, tranny kickdown cable misc junkyard items $150
5 gauge wire for groundswith circle connectors $8
Used fuel rail $20 (god bless ebay)

So far the tally is 1396. Add another 30 for tools i "needed" to do this. so 1406.

The only thing i cannot do myself is the vac lines for the cruise, vents and 4x4. They burned up and don't know where they go at all. May have to take it to the dealership and eat the cost. I hope they don;t charge more than 300 dollars for parts and labor. The labor looks real easy, i just have no idea where these lines have to go.

PS, how nad is t if a little ash got into my intake? Would it just get swept through the combustion/exhaust system? I am gonna take a vaccum to the intake, hope that gets out the major stuff.
https://dodgeforum.com/albumtn.aspx?...a585755295.jpg

The pic would not embedd so here is the link of where i am in the project ^^

[IMG]local://upfiles/4493/217270E74F8049C19C44BB3CA3330048.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-18-2008, 11:15 PM
BIGRED97
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fire update

link no beuno there bud...

sounds to me like you got it going pretty good now. im about to start a teardown from a fire truck that i picked up eral cheap. but not rebuilding just slavaging

Old 02-18-2008, 11:18 PM
CPTAFW163
Champion

why does the link work for me. am gonna figure this out.

Old 02-19-2008, 12:06 AM
IndyRamMan
Champion

Ouch you got ate up on the price....I just went to the yard today and almost everything I needed for the engine for $20...and a couple of parts to sell on ebay too.

Old 02-19-2008, 12:16 AM
CPTAFW163
Champion

you got a wiring harness for 20 dollars??? Damn man, you got hooked up.

Old 02-19-2008, 12:19 AM
IndyRamMan
Champion

ORIGINAL: CPTAFW163

you got a wiring harness for 20 dollars??? Damn man, you got hooked up.
no no no no no no nooooooo.....I WISH!!! I got everything I melted except for the harness, the plug wires, and the coil for $20. Still cant find a freekin harness. I emailed 70 80 people today about it and called another 10.

Old 02-19-2008, 12:19 AM
SilverRam_01
Captain

CPTAFW163 And INDY- That sucks *** big time for both of you. I for one am going to be very thorough in making sure there is nothing to catch fire laying under my hood. Condolences to both of you and good luck on the rebuilds!

Old 02-19-2008, 12:27 AM
CPTAFW163
Champion

Also make sure that you don't do a "chunup" on the fuel line coming off the fuel rail. That did me in.

I think i am gonna fireproof my engine compartment like Mel gibson did in Conspiracy theory. That way if something catches on fire, it will be contained. At car shows i will be like "Yup, nothing shines better than heat wrap."

it isn't that bad. My truck fund went into getting it rolling, and not performance mods. Well, I got the fastman.I had24#ers on there before. I got a set of 8 when i only needed 1 or 2. That killed me. Always order AFTER you take everything apart.

Thanks for our kind words, sir. We appreciate it. Indy got it worse because his car was show quality. Mine has a couple rust spots and is not clean...its a truck in all essence of the word. Also, spraying out the dirt and debris would help. I have mud in between my intake and heads. its dirty.

Old 02-19-2008, 10:01 AM
IndyRamMan
Champion

Thanks silver.

ORIGINAL: CPTAFW163

Also make sure that you don't do a "chunup" on the fuel line coming off the fuel rail. That did me in.

I think i am gonna fireproof my engine compartment like Mel gibson did in Conspiracy theory. That way if something catches on fire, it will be contained. At car shows i will be like "Yup, nothing shines better than heat wrap."

it isn't that bad. My truck fund went into getting it rolling, and not performance mods. Well, I got the fastman.I had24#ers on there before. I got a set of 8 when i only needed 1 or 2. That killed me. Always order AFTER you take everything apart.

Thanks for our kind words, sir. We appreciate it. Indy got it worse because his car was show quality. Mine has a couple rust spots and is not clean...its a truck in all essence of the word. Also, spraying out the dirt and debris would help. I have mud in between my intake and heads. its dirty.

Im definately going to do that heat wrap on the firewall !! thats a great idea! I was wondering what I was going to do about the paint, but that makes it really easy. Ill just sand it down, primer it, and heat wrap it!

So are you ready to clean up and throw the parts on and go?

Old 02-19-2008, 01:09 PM
RM_Indy
Record Breaker

Damn sorry to hear about what happened to both your trucks. Hopefully they come back bigger n badder without too much aggravation and cost.

Quick Reply: Fire update (got the pic embedded now)