2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

It happen***UPDATE FINISHED***

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 06:27 PM
TIMIDONE
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: It happen

Even more of a reason I am getting my motorcycle endorsement and getting a bike! I can't get rid of my truck nor would I because it is paid for...simple logic!

Old 04-21-2008, 06:56 PM
padodgeram
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: TIMIDONE

Even more of a reason I am getting my motorcycle endorsement and getting a bike! I can't get rid of my truck nor would I because it is paid for...simple logic!
I already have one of those..

Old 04-27-2008, 09:48 PM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Hey PA, You got that thing done yet?

Old 04-27-2008, 09:53 PM
padodgeram
Record Breaker

trans is done , BUTTTTTT not installed .. soon ..Thanks for asking !!! and when i do get it on the road its gonna just sit anyway... And when its nice out , i just wanna get out and ride my bike , friday night bother races dirt track , dad getting his drag car ready for the summer , or its the customers...

Old 05-05-2008, 10:03 PM
padodgeram
Record Breaker

She is all done !!!! shifts like a dream , runs good pulls strong.

Old 05-05-2008, 10:49 PM
aim4squirrels
Legend

Good, now you can post that 46RE Tranny rebuild DIY.

I sure hope mine gets another 50K out of it before it takes a dump.

Old 05-05-2008, 10:59 PM
padodgeram
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: aim4squirrels

Good, now you can post that 46RE Tranny rebuild DIY.

I sure hope mine gets another 50K out of it before it takes a dump.
Give me a few days on this , Its really not that bad just gotta keep everything clean and lay it out as you pull it apart . If you add a shift kit that depends which one you get , the one i got had to drill change a few things add some other things..lol.. Shifts are firm and quick (I LOVE IT)..

Old 05-05-2008, 11:09 PM
aim4squirrels
Legend

ORIGINAL: padodgeram

Give me a few days on this , Its really not that bad just gotta keep everything clean and lay it out as you pull it apart . If you add a shift kit that depends which one you get , the one i got had to drill change a few things add some other things..lol.. Shifts are firm and quick (I LOVE IT)..
Hehe, I bought a transgo kit a year ago and returned it before I put it in. The directions don't flow so well, kinda of like Pablo Picasso wrote them. Anyway, I don't own a few of the larger tools they suggested you use like a grinder and (I think a drill press, can't remember) for a few of the procedures, so I said "forget it" and returned it.

It cracked me up that a few spots in the instructions they wrote "listen up!" I listened, but I never heard anything.

Old 05-05-2008, 11:18 PM
padodgeram
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: aim4squirrels

ORIGINAL: padodgeram

Hehe, I bought a transgo kit a year ago and returned it before I put it in. The directions don't flow so well, kinda of like Pablo Picasso wrote them. Anyway, I don't own a few of the larger tools they suggested you use like a grinder and (I think a drill press, can't remember) for a few of the procedures, so I said "forget it" and returned it.

It cracked me up that a few spots in the instructions they wrote "listen up!" I listened, but I never heard anything.
Thats right , the shift kit instructions are like here it is , now you figure out what you want to do with it .. ill take a few pics of the instructions and you will see we added notes to it, so we wouldnt get lost ..LOL... had to add a resister (sp) the shift kit was the most PITA to do....

Old 05-07-2008, 10:26 PM
padodgeram
Record Breaker

update: im so pleased that i installed the transgo shift kit , instead of going into OD at 45 now its 50 mph , if im on it just a tad harder it drops into OD at 55 mph thats where i like it ..