2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Tach selection

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 08:33 PM
mopowar
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tach selection

Nice install. It is a shame that co. didn't make one that would relocate the hazard switch so that you could mount the tach in front of that big *** fuel gauge. Talk about a slap in the face. What was DC thinking with that? My fuel gauge is of the "think about every now and again" variety. If you don't think about it every now, you're going to run out of gas again. Your Google works better than mine, or maybe you're a better Googler, but I would have never found that gauge pod... ever. Thanks for the tip.

Old 03-19-2008, 08:40 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The steering column pod is from Autometer, and i've had it for a couple of years now. I had my trans temp gauge there up till I swapped the tach there. For that dual pod from the other company, I wanted one that pointed the gauges slightly toward me, and this is the only one I found, and yes, it took a lot of searching.

I really wish I could have just found a gauge cluster with the tach to replace mine, because I hate that enourmous fuel gauge too. But, this works good too, and I like that it is differnet then all the stock trucks you see, and all the trucks with the a-pillar pods.

Old 03-19-2008, 09:39 PM
TIMIDONE
All Star

I really want that steering column you got, nice place for it! I am not the greatest fan for the side placement of gauages like most people do. I also really want the The DM-200 OBDII but $399 that gonna hurt! Don't think if I'd really use all the gauges it has also!

Any other suggestions for gauges that are digital and cheaper than the The DM-200 OBDII?? I've got a stock tach right now.

Old 03-20-2008, 04:14 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion

Ya, I like how the a-pillar gauges look for the most part, but I think they can be a visual hinderance.
Autometer has a bunch of digital gauge options, but nothing with multi features like that DM-200.

Old 03-20-2008, 06:27 PM
doug15

Do you have any pictures of it mounted on your steering column. Cause i was sort of think of buying a tach too and i am just wondering how it looks.thanks

Old 03-20-2008, 08:36 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion

I posted a picture just a few posts back. Here's another.

[IMG]local://upfiles/9095/CF7A68F736AB436991E54DE5E074EDFF.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-20-2008, 09:35 PM
TIMIDONE
All Star

Hey did someone tell me what 1 or 2 gauges I should get? My buddy told me the Air Flow sensor...good idea? any others?

BTW I like the steering column setup

Old 03-21-2008, 09:19 AM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion

Our trucks don't have a mass air flow sensor, they are speed density designs.

I think a trans temp gauge should be on every truck (escpecially with the reputation of our transmissions). You could maybe do a vacuum gauge or an oil temp sensor.

Old 03-26-2008, 10:22 AM
turkeyhunter1962
All Star

I installed the 3-gauge pillar pod in my Ram and have the tranny temp gauge, engine oil temp gauge, and rear differential temp gauge. Since I tow a heavy fifth wheel I felt that these were my best choices.

https://dodgeforum.com/photo.asp?pho...=6&apage=1
https://dodgeforum.com/photo.asp?pho...=6&apage=1

Quick Reply: Tach selection