2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Transmission Pictures & Other Goods

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 01:28 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission Pictures & Other Goods

Took some pictures today of the transmission, the transmission pan, and the transmission cooler. Also added in a few other pictures of things I just had recently done. I wanted to show you the add on cup holder. It's an awesome accessory, it just swallows any cup, even the king size burger king cups lol, I love it. I also just had the bed liner put in today. It came out really nice. It's extra thick, and has skit protector on it as well, so I'm happy to have something in the bed. I also just bought the K&N Fipk Gen II Aircharger Kit today, so I'm really excited about that. Can't wait to have something throwing air through the engine now to utilize the headers and the exhaust. It was ****ing windy out today though, it was freezing taking these pictures lol!

[IMG]local://upfiles/61042/C0B111EF33CA4CFEA1A0F69849AA3E57.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/61042/4AE49BACD219447B827D2EAA41EBC461.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/61042/38D8EBCC0A90460B820E2C21C50E32A1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/61042/505D345D2FFF41E0AB2B4A5710D2D7E1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/61042/6D1B12DC55FC49F7B33FC83BD6B95794.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-02-2008, 01:36 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Transmission Pictures & Other Goods

Looking good. You should get the colored fittings to hook the lines into the tranny cooler. Would look awesome. What made you decide to go with the K&N intake?

Old 04-02-2008, 01:38 PM
hometheaterman
Champion

Here is what I'm talking about. Here is my tranny cooler.

Name:  TruckMarch2708Piantedsocksandtin-7.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  60.6 KB

Old 04-02-2008, 01:44 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: hometheaterman

Looking good. You should get the colored fittings to hook the lines into the tranny cooler. Would look awesome. What made you decide to go with the K&N intake?
Yes, I thought you said you were going with the Volant. And if you chose to not go with that, I would have recommended the open element route. Whats up?

Old 04-02-2008, 01:48 PM
hometheaterman
Champion

Yeah I wouldn't have bought the K&N had it been me even though I like the K&N and run their filter in one car and a bike and a CAI on another car the ones for the Rams don't seem to be that great.

Oh well not my truck. Hopefully you like it.

BTW did you fix your pleneum yet? I think that would have been towards the top of the list of things to fix right next to the LSD.

Old 04-02-2008, 02:11 PM
dusty_duster
Veteran

Why did you get that cup holder? The stock cup holders on my '01 Dodge Ram are so huge, they'll hold a liter bottle of Gatorade.

Old 04-02-2008, 02:34 PM
Sirhilton17
Captain

ORIGINAL: dusty_duster

Why did you get that cup holder? The stock cup holders on my '01 Dodge Ram are so huge, they'll hold a liter bottle of Gatorade.
Becasue for some reason his truck came with the manual tranny dash... no cup holders.

Old 04-02-2008, 02:58 PM
dusty_duster
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Sirhilton17

ORIGINAL: dusty_duster

Becasue for some reason his truck came with the manual tranny dash... no cup holders.
The manual tranny dashes don't have cupholders?

Well, now that I think about it, it would be difficult to shift with that thing down.

Old 04-02-2008, 06:27 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Well went with the K&N set-up for a couple of reasons. For one, their horsepower ratings are 11hp on a stock 360. Granted I have headers and a full exhaust, I suspect the h/p ratings will reach higher numbers. I also just like the K&N name, they sell the most for a reason. Their new intakes also don't have the cracked tubed issue anymore, so I just went with it. I was going to go with the volant, but I don't know, was too expensive for a name I didn't know much about. I'll let you know how it works out though, I'm excited to get something pushing into the engine, should really start to open the beast up, plus look really good in the engine bay[8D]

Old 04-02-2008, 06:37 PM
hometheaterman
Champion

I know they don't have the cracked tube design there just have been quite a few people that have said they got better thorttle response from other filters that are a lot cheaper. I think you are better off and going to get more power from a round air setup that flows alot more air. I do however have a K&N CAI on one of our Honda's and while it seems nice other than sound you can't really tell a difference I got it at not much over cost so thats the only reason I went with it on that. It's worth what I paid imo but I wouldn't have paid full price for the sound. I think it's a waste of money for something you probably aren't going to tell a difference from other than noise. You could have gotten the same noise and more power from something thats half the price and a better design. I think the pleneum fix would yeild more of a power increase too. I think a programmer would be the next thing to do powerwise. I would more concentrate on fixxing the problems you have so far though rather than modding it more. I'd fix the LSD, pleneum, and that crappy lift you have before you wear out every part in the front end. It would not wear on the parts as much and probably ride nicer. As for the LSD that just keeps it from breaking other stuff.

Not trying to sound like a dick there just trying to give you my opinion. BTW you going to be installing this CAI yourself?

Quick Reply: Transmission Pictures & Other Goods