2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Transmission Pictures & Other Goods

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 11:58 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Transmission Pictures & Other Goods

For $75 it's probably not a bad deal as I have probably $55 in my intake setup after having a nice bracket made. I think you are wrong though. Most of the open elment filters do flow better. Look at the numbers. Most flow a lot better thats why guys like them. Not saying it's sucking in any colder air but most will flow more air than what those K&N CAI's do.

Old 04-02-2008, 11:59 PM
hometheaterman
Champion

BTW do you have oil down your TB? Thats a good way to check and see if the pleneum is blown. Pretty easy to do at that. Just shine a light down there and look in the corners. I think the Fastman would be a good mod especially if you have that plenum in good shape.

I still say quit modding stuff until you fix the suspension and the lsd though.

Old 04-03-2008, 12:14 AM
zddp8868
Professional

ORIGINAL: IndyRamMan

ORIGINAL: 01DodgeRam360

I don't know why their product is ignornant Indy? I don't think the air hat will flow any better than the K&N kit. I mean, the filter literally sits on top of the engine, I think both will be equal in power...

Did I mention I got the kit for $75??? It was cheaper to buy the complete kit on ebay than it was to do the airhat. The kit I bought is from a person who sold their truck, and the new owner didn't want the intake on the truck. It's practically new, so I just knew it was the best time to grab it while it was incredibly cheap. I think the truck will react nicely to the intake. The truck has a ton of air leaving the truck, and has a ton of power. With the combination of the nice kit, and the Fastman, I think it will yield a really nice punch. I don't know why I'm considered ignornant for going with their kit as opposed to doing the airhat?

Indy, you got to choose what angle you want to come from. You just got done helping me out through PMs. I went out on a limb to try and rebond our relationship, and I think it worked nicely. Then you call me ignortant for going with a K&N kit? It's just not very nice. I also got it cheap too, you can't beat that. I just personally don't like the look of the air hat, nor like the fact it sits on top of the engine...I mean, how can that be any better than the filter being closer to the radiator? I don't think either intake yields significant horsepower, but I sure as hell do think it's going to be a nice addition to the truck.

In regards to the plenum, I don't think I have a leak. I've been driving the truck around for the past couple of days, and I've gotten my miles back up to 11+mpg. I've really just been trying to enjoy my truck. I'm not really in a rush to start digging into any deep projects. So I did the bedliner and the intake kit for some serenity lol. It's just nice having the truck back, she's running great and looking good too. Anyway, I just couldn't pass up the intake. I managed to get the seller to bring it down from $150 to $75, was a great price, and I'm excited to get her installed!
lol. first off, you came to me looking for help. I never said i was cool with you, just that Im not a jackass like you say I am so I helped you... Im not your buddy nor will I ever be, I doubt. I will help if you ask nicely though, which you did. Second, your blowing it into somethingI didnt say. I never called you ignorant, which by all rights you are. Thats not an insult its just the truth. You can be upset over that if you want, but I wont move from my oppinion. K&N sells theirgarbage to ignorant people, as do all "CAI" companys. (with exceptions which I have stated in previous posts reguarding "CAI's"). Will the K&N be better than the stock filter box, sure, why not...is it $250, $180, $75 better...hell no. PLENTY of better things to do with the money. If your getting it for looks, thats fine we all have our tastes (thats certiantly not my personal preferance), but dont think for a second your getting the advertised claims. ONTOP of that, the advertised clams IF EVER proven true is not a GAIN in power, its just power freed up. That 11 horse "gain" was more than likely a truck that was in poor condition, a filter that was clogged with leaves and other debris. They probably cleaned it up and ran it and OMG 11 hp! WOW!

11 hp. hahahahahaha.

as a sidenote, wix oil filters are by far the best. my old cam wiped and it picked up just about every piece of metal. k&n oil filters are a waste of money.

the only reason why i have a k&n air filter in my air cleaner assembly is because it is reusable. digging for power requires u dig a little deepr than the air filter. who races with an air filter anyway?

Old 04-03-2008, 12:15 AM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Indy, it is fine that you feel that I'm ignorant. Personally, I really do not care. But I think you go out of your way too much to make it an agenda to express this. There is no need to make a scene everytime you disagree with something, it just doesn't help anybody. All the negativity and personal criticisms aren't needed, and just aren't mature. On the other hand, I disagree. If your helping me out, you should be doing it with a sincere mindframe. I don't want anybody's help just so they can pat their ego on the back, you should help because you actually want to. If you actually feel that way about me, I'd feel a lot better if you just didn't write in my threads, and I'll just not ask you for pointers anymore. Helping somebody, and thinking their ignortant really clash. It's just an intake Indy, relax.

I agree though Hometheater, I plan to just enjoy the truck for awhile. The next project will be the LSD seeing that it's the only issue that can cause damage to the axle and the rear diff. components. For now, I'm just taking it slow and living life a little bit. I have to take a break from basing my life around my truck, I just go crazy when I do that. I don't know though, I think intakes are for personal preferance. There are a ton of people who run the K&N kits and have great success with them. I don't think there is anything wrong with it. We all know intakes don't make significant gains, so I'd rather just go with something I personally think looks and sounds nice, and will be a nice compliment to what I've done with the truck. It's not really that big of a deal though...I got it for $75, and it's a nice kit, I don't see where such harsh negativity ever needs to come into play, ever.

When I do the intake, I'll take a look down into the throttle body to see if there is any oil in there. I'm hoping not. If there is, then I'll just add it on to another summer job. Either way, the truck is running very nicely right now, and I'm happy to get her back, it's a nice feeling.

Old 04-03-2008, 12:20 AM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

ORIGINAL: zddp8868

ORIGINAL: IndyRamMan

I don't know why their product is ignornant Indy? I don't think the air hat will flow any better than the K&N kit. I mean, the filter literally sits on top of the engine, I think both will be equal in power...

Did I mention I got the kit for $75??? It was cheaper to buy the complete kit on ebay than it was to do the airhat. The kit I bought is from a person who sold their truck, and the new owner didn't want the intake on the truck. It's practically new, so I just knew it was the best time to grab it while it was incredibly cheap. I think the truck will react nicely to the intake. The truck has a ton of air leaving the truck, and has a ton of power. With the combination of the nice kit, and the Fastman, I think it will yield a really nice punch. I don't know why I'm considered ignornant for going with their kit as opposed to doing the airhat?

Indy, you got to choose what angle you want to come from. You just got done helping me out through PMs. I went out on a limb to try and rebond our relationship, and I think it worked nicely. Then you call me ignortant for going with a K&N kit? It's just not very nice. I also got it cheap too, you can't beat that. I just personally don't like the look of the air hat, nor like the fact it sits on top of the engine...I mean, how can that be any better than the filter being closer to the radiator? I don't think either intake yields significant horsepower, but I sure as hell do think it's going to be a nice addition to the truck.

In regards to the plenum, I don't think I have a leak. I've been driving the truck around for the past couple of days, and I've gotten my miles back up to 11+mpg. I've really just been trying to enjoy my truck. I'm not really in a rush to start digging into any deep projects. So I did the bedliner and the intake kit for some serenity lol. It's just nice having the truck back, she's running great and looking good too. Anyway, I just couldn't pass up the intake. I managed to get the seller to bring it down from $150 to $75, was a great price, and I'm excited to get her installed!
lol. first off, you came to me looking for help. I never said i was cool with you, just that Im not a jackass like you say I am so I helped you... Im not your buddy nor will I ever be, I doubt. I will help if you ask nicely though, which you did. Second, your blowing it into somethingI didnt say. I never called you ignorant, which by all rights you are. Thats not an insult its just the truth. You can be upset over that if you want, but I wont move from my oppinion. K&N sells theirgarbage to ignorant people, as do all "CAI" companys. (with exceptions which I have stated in previous posts reguarding "CAI's"). Will the K&N be better than the stock filter box, sure, why not...is it $250, $180, $75 better...hell no. PLENTY of better things to do with the money. If your getting it for looks, thats fine we all have our tastes (thats certiantly not my personal preferance), but dont think for a second your getting the advertised claims. ONTOP of that, the advertised clams IF EVER proven true is not a GAIN in power, its just power freed up. That 11 horse "gain" was more than likely a truck that was in poor condition, a filter that was clogged with leaves and other debris. They probably cleaned it up and ran it and OMG 11 hp! WOW!

11 hp. hahahahahaha.

as a sidenote, wix oil filters are by far the best. my old cam wiped and it picked up just about every piece of metal. k&n oil filters are a waste of money.

the only reason why i have a k&n air filter in my air cleaner assembly is because it is reusable. digging for power requires u dig a little deepr than the air filter. who races with an air filter anyway?
Are you serious man? You do know we're just talking about an intake kit, right? Is it really that big of a deal? Or are we just grabbing ANYTHING to try to ridicule me. You guys can sit here all you want and call me ignortant or stupid, but everyone knows it isn't true. I'm an intelligent and mature guy, and I do all the right things to properly maintain my truck. Really, I'm one of the last guys who should be getting made fun of on the forum. I take care of my truck, and represent a very nice dodge pickup truck. You guys should be supporting your fellow dodge owner instead of treating me like I'm such syclopse chevy owner or something, it's really rude, and uncalled for, for real. I made this thread as a nice refresher from the transmission era, I don't see why you have to make it a topic to bash on me, just chill out for once and stop making me the focal point of my thread, it's unfair.

Old 04-03-2008, 12:27 AM
IndyRamMan
Champion

Indy, it is fine that you feel that I'm ignorant. Personally, I really do not care. But I think you go out of your way too much to make it an agenda to express this. There is no need to make a scene everytime you disagree with something, it just doesn't help anybody. All the negativity and personal criticisms aren't needed, and just aren't mature. On the other hand, I disagree. If your helping me out, you should be doing it with a sincere mindframe. I don't want anybody's help just so they can pat their ego on the back, you should help because you actually want to. If you actually feel that way about me, I'd feel a lot better if you just didn't write in my threads, and I'll just not ask you for pointers anymore. Helping somebody, and thinking their ignortant really clash. It's just an intake Indy, relax.

Im not going to get into an argument here, pm.

Old 04-03-2008, 12:36 AM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Indy, do you seriouslly think I believe you were helping me to be nice? You already admitted you helped me to prove you weren't an "*******". By me taking the initiative to ask for your help was a huge symbol of more than just asking for your help, but trying to heal a broken relationship. You already pointed out you did just to prove you weren't an *******, but who were you trying to prove that to? By me asking you for help meant I was willing to gamble that I didn't think you were an *******, but you have chosen to take the ******* role again all on your own.

However, I think your wrong about that. There is an ethical relationship between helping somebody out and genuniely wanting to assist that person. If you don't truly like that person, nor truly have the desire to help them out, then I think it's a moot attempt to assist, at least in my book. That's why I don't want your help Indy, because you think I need to praise you, like it's expected. I don't have to bless you, you should just want to help like anyone on this forum. Many of the guys I speak to on this forum speak to me on a peer level, because we're all friends. You on the other hand, are being the "*****" because I'm expected to be grateful? What the hell is that garbage man, you act like your a greek goddess or something. There are plenty of guys on this forum with your kind of knowledge that would be willing to assist me and do it with a smile. I ask for you help, and I listen. On the flip side, I expect their is a mutual agreement that you are supposed to respect one another, and not jump into my personal thread and try to ridicule me in front of everybody, it's disrespectful, immature, and contradicts the bond of helping one another. Stop trying to infect my threads, and diss me as a person. If your judging my intelligence over trucks, then I don't think it says a lot about you if your gauging intelligence over vehicles. Intelligence is gauged on a vast scale, scales you would have no idea of assessing over the internet, so stop while your ahead in trying to assume I'm ignorant, because it's simply not true. And lighten the hell up for once guy,you have a lot of internal anger you carry around with you, it's not healthy. You have a nice truck, why are you always so cranky, take a chill pill man, and just be happy. Just please stop attacking me, it's just not nice. This is a DIY forum as you have said in the past, not a platform to attack me personally every chance you feel it's necessary.

Old 04-03-2008, 01:28 AM
motorbrreath
Record Breaker

why every time you make a post does it turn into a pissing match? stop being a *****.

CAI are pointless. This is yet again another example of you not listening to what we say. A round air cleaner is better than the CAI. They advertise that to be "cold air intake". The air entering the engine is not cold, because of the heat off the engine. The Air cleaner will take in more air, while still providing the filtration.

And please stop gettin into it with indy and callin him a meanie and a bully and all this other ****. He knows what hes talkin about, you just ask us for a pep talk before goin to the mechanic.

Old 04-03-2008, 01:49 AM
Cowgirl4christ
Professional

WoW.

Old 04-03-2008, 01:56 AM
rabbler
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Has any one actually proven the round air cleaner is superior to a CAI?
I know lots of guy have jumped on the round air cleaner band wagon and it's become avery popular and cheaper alternative.
If there were dyno results proving it's better can somebody please re-post?

Nice deal on CAI, Congrats!

Quick Reply: Transmission Pictures & Other Goods