2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

My rear is screwed

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 02:48 PM
BlueBeast2
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: My rear is screwed

Well turned out to be the differential. Getting it replaced with an Eaton posi. Gonna have them replace the gears too even though they "ain't that bad" I'm getting all the old stuff back so the stock 4.10's will be for sale. It's gonna be a little more expensive then I thought but when ain't it.

Having a chrome cover put on it while its there too. Needs a little show with the go haha

Old 04-14-2008, 03:01 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really want to order that clear cover I just can't bring myself to pay that for it. I never was crazy about chrome covers but I just really want that clear one. I keep telling myself that it's too much and I don't need one but then I think about it again and want it badly. I'm not sure if I will end up ordering it or not as I don't want to pay that much for a cover when a chrome one is $40-50 but I really really like it. I wonder if it would still look good after a few years. What do you guys think? How do you think it will hold up? I'm really tempted to just go ahead and order it and not think about the price as I really want it but something is telling me not to pay that for one.

Old 04-14-2008, 03:02 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BTW why not see if the shop will match that price on the Eaton?

Old 04-14-2008, 03:16 PM
BlueBeast2
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

he said he can get the chrome one for 30. I just think the glass one with the brown oil in there looks like watery **** getting thrown around [:'(]

Quick Reply: My rear is screwed