2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

My new drain plug and air breather

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 10:40 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My new drain plug and air breather

I said in the other thread I'd try to post up pictures later of the drain plug installed. I didn't take any of the inside of the pan or the hole without the plug sorry. I just took them of where I marked to drill and after I got it on the truck.
It's a B&M transmission drain plug. I have another one for sale if anyone is interested.

I'm also going to post some pictures of my new APC breather I put on the valve cover. I had a blue APC one with chrome ends I liked a lot but I spilled transmission fluid all over it today when putting in fluid. I went to Advance Auto to get another one and they were sold out of blue. I didn't like the silver or red so I went with the next best option the orange with silver mesh. It was $1 more and I think I like the blue and chrome better so I may go back to it but for now I like this one. I really like orange it's just I don't like that it says APC on it on the end. The other one didn't. It also doesn't really match.

What do you guys think of this stuff? Anyway here are pictures. Don't mind the dirty engine bay. Actually the whole truck is pretty dirty right now.

Name:  APSTransmissionVBandFluidPicture-14.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  80.4 KB

Name:  APSTransmissionVBandFluidPicture-12.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  98.1 KB
Name:  APSTransmissionVBandFluidPicture-11.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  122.8 KB
Name:  APSTransmissionVBandFluidPicture-10.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  136.2 KB

Here is a picture of the old breather. Which do you like better? The chorme ends are dirty in this picture. I'm thinking I may switch back to one of these when Advance gets more instock. I can't decide which I like better.
Name:  TruckMarch2708Piantedsocksandtin-10.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  139.8 KB

Old 04-22-2008, 10:44 PM
TIMIDONE
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My new drain plug and air breather

Old one...sorry man the new looks cheap to me. But then again below is mine...you may or may not like mine!

Old 04-22-2008, 10:46 PM
hometheaterman
Champion

I agree thats kind of what I'm thinking about the new one but I had to get something to hold me over until they got more instock and this one looked better than the other 2 they had instock. I like yours it looks good too.

I can't believe this one costs $1 more than the others but it was better looking to me than all of them except for the blue.

Old 04-22-2008, 10:49 PM
TIMIDONE
All Star

I forgot how much the one I had cost...they had one chrome mesh like yours but chrome top..it was some stupid price of $18-20 I couldn't bring myself to pay that lol.

Old 04-22-2008, 11:00 PM
hometheaterman
Champion

These are normally $8.99 for the ones like my old one with the colors. They come in red, silver, or blue atleast thats what they stock. Then there is this orange one for $9.99

Old 04-22-2008, 11:00 PM
Wickedwiggles
Veteran

Looks good what is an abc breather and what do they do?

Old 04-22-2008, 11:09 PM
jmbishop
Professional

I don't like the colors at all. I'd go with chrome and avoid using the stock plastic elbow. I use nice chrome breathers that are dome shaped and fit right into the rubber piece the elbow is held in by.

Old 04-22-2008, 11:20 PM
padodgeram
Record Breaker

I went with this crankcase breather (chrome)

[IMG]local://upfiles/40785/B623BE831DE64E03BB61F65DE4FD995E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-23-2008, 08:55 PM
1BigRamaniac
Veteran

I put on the Holley FreFlo that was 10 bucks at Auto Zone. Then I put on the Mr Gasket2049 open element oil breather for 12(had to trim the heck out of it to get it to fit). This replaced the original 13 year old crankcase inlet filter that was almost gaumed up. You guys may want to check that. It is supposed to be replaced every 60k miles-I left mine on for almost 200k

Quick Reply: My new drain plug and air breather