2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Drive your ratwagon im keeping my truck

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 10:12 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Drive your ratwagon im keeping my truck

ORIGINAL: mopowar

I agree that this is the worst it's ever been, but this whole dialogue is deja-vous avec internet (Vinny, add the f--cking french to the list). Gas goes high versus other economic indicators, people panic, and then buy piece o' chit cars. The demand for said cars pulls the whole automobile manufacturing industry into a slump, eventually oil prices decline, and we are left bailing the car makers out of hock. This has all happened before. It will last through 2009 and gradually get better. The one thing that I hope everyone takes with them on the other side of the crisis is that it takes time to find, recover, and develop the infrasructure to refine oil. There is plenty out there, but next time we need to act rather than letting the "tree huggers" have thier way.

The decisions that our country has made in the past has sealed our fate for the present. The only thing we can do now is wait for the next go'round.

Oh, and f--ck Al Gore too Vinny.
Yep. I remember the big binge on buying economic cars in the 1980's before the oil market crashed. The people to shoot aren't the oil companies or the gas companies, but the futures traders/speculators. They're hedging the price of oil and using it to shore the values of their accounts using oil rather than gold. Both the oil markets and the precious metals markets crashed in the 1980's, and it will happen again. Inflation was also a problem back then.

In my own defense, I've always been an ACVW fan, and it's been about 15 years since I've owned/driven one. I can't wait to get my Beetle back on the road.

Old 05-02-2008, 11:08 AM
mopowar
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Drive your ratwagon im keeping my truck

ORIGINAL: VWandDodge

ORIGINAL: mopowar

I agree that this is the worst it's ever been, but this whole dialogue is deja-vous avec internet (Vinny, add the f--cking french to the list). Gas goes high versus other economic indicators, people panic, and then buy piece o' chit cars. The demand for said cars pulls the whole automobile manufacturing industry into a slump, eventually oil prices decline, and we are left bailing the car makers out of hock. This has all happened before. It will last through 2009 and gradually get better. The one thing that I hope everyone takes with them on the other side of the crisis is that it takes time to find, recover, and develop the infrasructure to refine oil. There is plenty out there, but next time we need to act rather than letting the "tree huggers" have thier way.

The decisions that our country has made in the past has sealed our fate for the present. The only thing we can do now is wait for the next go'round.

Oh, and f--ck Al Gore too Vinny.
Yep. I remember the big binge on buying economic cars in the 1980's before the oil market crashed. The people to shoot aren't the oil companies or the gas companies, but the futures traders/speculators. They're hedging the price of oil and using it to shore the values of their accounts using oil rather than gold. Both the oil markets and the precious metals markets crashed in the 1980's, and it will happen again. Inflation was also a problem back then.

In my own defense, I've always been an ACVW fan, and it's been about 15 years since I've owned/driven one. I can't wait to get my Beetle back on the road.
The K-car. Now that was a fine piece of machinery there.

We are most definitely headed for some hard times and people are going to have to do what they have to do. My only point would be not to over-react.
We will never see gas under $2.00 again but, judging from what happened last time, it will probably go back down to $2.50-$2.75 in a 1.5 years- depending on the next election cycle. The market will correct itself shortly thereafter.If Clinton or Obama win the general election, it will almost certainly take longer.

I've really never had a problem with German. It's asian that gets under my skin. lol

Quick Reply: Drive your ratwagon im keeping my truck