2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New Direction

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008 | 11:27 AM
padodgeram
Record Breaker
Default RE: New Direction

ORIGINAL: Silver_Dodge

But we all know you would have bought a moped instead.
Get it right , a scooter ...

Im gonna wait and get a 883xl harley in oct or nov. cheaper ...
i already have a moped my 450c ...

Old 05-22-2008 | 11:43 AM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion

I have 1300cc moped made by Suzuki.

Old 05-22-2008 | 11:59 AM
padodgeram
Record Breaker

LOL...Must of mod the hell out of it...Thought wifey said no to a scooter ?

Old 05-22-2008 | 12:31 PM
CySlyde
Professional

They don't understand the importance of being consistent with repeat customers. Most mechanics are retards, and there is a reason they are mechanics, because they are mildy retarded.
dude lay off the mechanics, just because someone is a mechanic doesn't mean they are a retard. for christ sakes I worked my way through college as a mechanic. My dad owned the oldest shop in my town. any shop worth thier nuts realises that especially in this economy if you dont have repeat, you dont have a job. I understand your venting, but dude carefull thats dangerous waters your treading there.

also a lesson I hope you learn from this... when a mechanic says they need to order parts, always ask what parts they need to order. you may have been able to save yourself some frustration

Old 05-22-2008 | 12:40 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
|
Banned

I don't think it's exactly treading dangerous water. Because I know there are some good mechanics out there. I know a couple of guys that are always good to us. However, MOST mechanics are smucks, and are truly mildy retarded. 75% of them have an IQ level of 70 and below, or are smucks, bottom line.

In regards to the shocks, I was going to do them myself. But this shop went ahead and put four ugly blue napa shocks on the truck without talking to me. So I made them take them off, and put my new silver monroes on for no charge. Anyways, truck is at VIP getting the 285/70/17 Pirelli Scorpion ATRs put on. Man I drove the truck down the highway with the truck lowered back down with the 35s. Truck has so much more control on the highway, it was incredible. Truck is very stirdy now, it was an awesome feeling. And I couldn't believe it, I still almost got full lock with the 35s. It's how incredible these dodges are, it will fit 35" tires on the stock offroad suspension, astounding. I'm so excited to see the way this truck drives with the smooth and smaller tires. The only thing I'm nervous about is how much more power it's going to have. I hope I don't follow my old ways and start speeding all the time again. Because man oh man, with those four new shocks and it all lowered back down, the truck is incredibly stable. I did 85mph on the highway WITH the 35s, and the truck felt like a tank, it was really neat. 4.10 gearing with those 285s is going to give me a great boost, so pumped to see how she hauls with the new tires[8D] It's just going to be nice to have a straight steering wheel, and just hear the exhaust. I won't have to worry about my truck falling apart on me going down the highway. All the suspension is all healthy now, and the truck is very stirdy, and I can actually use it to tow and use it for a truck. I'll take pictures when I get the truck back with the 285s. I think this was a very good move. This will allow me to have this truck for many years to come

Old 05-22-2008 | 12:55 PM
padodgeram
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: 01DodgeRam360

I don't think it's exactly treading dangerous water. Because I know there are some good mechanics out there. I know a couple of guys that are always good to us. However, MOST mechanics are smucks, and are truly mildy retarded. 75% of them have an IQ level of 70 and below, or are smucks, bottom line.
You dont think so ? I guess im a retard ? and 99 % of people on this forum who a weekend mechanic are a retard to ?? Way to go the only retard i see is you , we try and try to help you but i guess getting a tool and doing your own work is beneath you , maybe people should read what you said real close , So go back to having some one else clean your truck work on your truck , hell i bet some one even dress you and have some one to wipe your *** for you.. the only retards here are people who tried to help you , mite as well take your truck out of the TOTM , cause now its false on what people are voting on .

Old 05-22-2008 | 12:57 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: padodgeram

I'm talking about my Swift.

Old 05-22-2008 | 01:02 PM
padodgeram
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: padodgeram

I'm talking about my Swift.
OHHHH !!! the go-cart ......im surprised those didnt come with a pull start..

Old 05-22-2008 | 01:12 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion

Ya, no pull start. I just have to wake up the hamster and get him back on his little wheel.

Old 05-22-2008 | 01:19 PM
padodgeram
Record Breaker

hell of a hamster you got there..So how much oil do you have to mix with the gas ??

If you look real close you will find a kick stand to kick start it..

Quick Reply: New Direction