2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New Direction

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2008 | 01:50 AM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Default RE: New Direction

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Old 05-19-2008 | 09:20 PM
hometheaterman
Champion

Since the forum is back up I'm curious to hear how you like it with no lift. Did it get taken off today? Does it rub badly with 35"s right now? Anyways let us know how you like it. Do you have any pictures of no lift and 35"s? I bet it actually looks really good. Also post up those pictures of the exhaust tips if you get a chance.

Old 05-19-2008 | 11:42 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
|
Banned

Sadly the bastards didn't finish the job today. Won't be done till tomorrow afternoon according to them. I had to move my appointment with VIP for the tires till Wednesday morning too which was gay. But I will take a lot of pictures with the 35s on the stock height, should be interesting to see how it rides lol. I'll keep you guys updated when the job is done with the tires and shocks.

Old 05-20-2008 | 12:34 AM
hometheaterman
Champion

Is labor going to be more than they quoted you now? Or are they still charging the same?

Old 05-20-2008 | 10:42 AM
05DodgeRamHemi
|
Banned

Shouldn't be, they needed a part, so it sat on the lift most of the day which sucks. They quoted me 4-5 hours originally, so it's what I'm expecting at this point. Sucks to pay for it, but I'll never have to look back once it's done.

Old 05-20-2008 | 10:50 AM
hometheaterman
Champion

Yeah exactly. Honestly while I think you can do it yourself it's something that for 4-5 hours might be worth paying to have it done if you don't know how to do it and never have done it before. You don't want to the coil spring to come flying out and someone get seriously hurt.

Old 05-20-2008 | 10:56 AM
05DodgeRamHemi
|
Banned

ORIGINAL: hometheaterman

Yeah exactly. Honestly while I think you can do it yourself it's something that for 4-5 hours might be worth paying to have it done if you don't know how to do it and never have done it before. You don't want to the coil spring to come flying out and someone get seriously hurt.
Percisely. I'd rather stick to doing the shocks[8D]. Hopefully the guys will finished it today. It's going to look funny all lowered back down with 35s. I just am very excited to see what this Ram is really made of. I think it's powerful now, man it's going to be even better. Lowered, smaller tires, smooth tread, four new shocks, allignment, and the 4.10 gearing will be right back in it's sweetspot. It's going to be a completely different truck and ride.

Old 05-20-2008 | 05:10 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
|
Banned

Man I am officially jinxed with finding a good shop. This ****ing shop is pissing me off. I showed them the truck on Saturday, and they said Monday they would do it. Dropped the truck off Monday morning at 7:30. They didn't finish it yesterday. Then I gave them all day today, and they STILL didn't finish it. They are only two hours into the job, but it's been sitting on the lift because they are waiting on parts. It just pisses me off because I showed them the truck Saturday, they should have scoped the truck out then and jotted down every part they thought they needed and ordered it then. Now it's going to interfere with my VIP appointment again for tomorrow morning. Hopefully they will still get me in tomorrow, that is if the losers finish my damn truck. Just pisses me off when people take my truck for so long, and don't keep communication. If I was a mechanic I'd make sure to always call my customers back frequently, even if I wasn't finished. So pix will have to wait again, sorry fellas.

Old 05-20-2008 | 05:58 PM
hometheaterman
Champion

Man I was hoping on some pictures. What parts are they having to wait on? They shouldn't need many parts.

Old 05-20-2008 | 05:59 PM
pcfixerpro
Champion

Haha, just your luck man. Hope it works out

Quick Reply: New Direction