2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Old I know...but still.

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 08:06 PM
padodgeram
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Old I know...but still.

I have the skyjacker 301 kit ..and they do come with the u bolts... I have skyjacker lower control arms double flex and the u bolts for sale..

Old 05-13-2008, 08:42 PM
hometheaterman
Champion

Are the u bolts and control arms new? What do you want for the control arms and u bolts? Are they red or black? Maybe Joe will want them or if not maybe someone else. I wouldn't mind a spare set if cheap but if not I don't really need a spare set.

Old 05-13-2008, 08:47 PM
padodgeram
Record Breaker

there red , 175 for everything... rember these are double flex lower control arm and they are new... for 2-3" lift retail 300.00

Old 05-13-2008, 09:07 PM
hometheaterman
Champion

Whats double flex do the regulars don't? I'm not sure what I have now they are just the Skyjacker control arms with the 3" kit. Will those still work?

Old 05-13-2008, 09:47 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Slomojo

if your lift is built from just mostly spacers on top of the original 4x4 sport off road package from the factory, I'm wondering why you don't just pull the blocks and spacers, get some smaller tires and go from there. Truck would still look like this but with bigger tires.

Then you could replace your worn parts, do your alignment, and save a bit until you decide to do what is next. Either that or unload that wallet of yours on close to $1000 worth of stuff your truck already has straight from the factory being at least a 2 to 3 inches up front and at leasxt 3 to 4 inches in the rear when it comes to lift.

Here is a truck with tires 33" wth a 2 inch coil spring spacers up front.

Here is the address for the site hosting the pics.

http://dodgeram.org/rides/24/Bobram/index.html

There is a stock Ram 4x4

And this is what your truck would look like with stock lift and Pro Comp - 35 x 12.50 R17LT tires.

This is the site hosting the above listed pic as well as more if you want to see some more pictures.

http://dodge.katfancies.com/#pictures

Any route yo choose will prbably end up being find so long as you don't rush into things. Some options will just cost more and seeing as how your truck doesn't need an all out lift for work or play or anything of that sort, you just need to keep things simple and focus on what's most important like preventing parts failure, setting your alignment, and so forth. Then you can aim for whatever makes you happy, just hopefully after you've made everything secure.
You make some compelling points here. But I guess this is my goal with the 3" lift. I figure even if I take the spacers out now and the AAL and bring it back down to stock offroad edition height, I will still have bad shocks. I also fear I may suffer from liftkit withdrawls lol. I figured buying a 3" lift will suffice all of my needs. I'll still get the satisfaction of having a "lift", and it will have all new shocks. Allignments will be perfect with the 0-3" thuren trackbar, and the 33" tires. I may do that, but I feel pretty confident I'm just going to go for the new lift components. It's about $400 for everything I need to get the job done (coils, shocks, AAL, U-Bolts), and then the 33/12.5/17 tires. Still not sure which tire to go with though. I've thought hard about the procomp all-terrains with the 50,000 mile warranty and severe weather rating. But I'm not crazy about the tread pattern. Suggesstions will be nice. I can probably afford the lift in about two weeks. And I saved about $600 from taxes for the tires. I can get four 33/12.5/17 procomp all-terrains for $800 from that buy three get one tire free site. But suggesstions will be nice still. Thank you guys.

Old 05-13-2008, 10:04 PM
hometheaterman
Champion

I'd put that $600 fromtaxes towards the loan and just run your 35"s until you have payed off the loan. Thats just me though. If I owe anyone money I like to get it payed of asap.

As for tires like I said I'd seriously look into the Toyo's. Seem to be one of the better tires out there. I've also heard good things about the Bridgestone Dueler AT's. I've just never been crazy about ProComp stuff but never run anything from them either so can't comment on it either.

Old 05-13-2008, 10:13 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

I usually would put it toward owed money, but I just finsihed dumping a lot of money into that loan. I paid my aunt $1,200. And I put $1700 towards the loan. I have $600 coming from the IRS that I plan to put towards the tires though.

Old 05-13-2008, 10:18 PM
hometheaterman
Champion

You check out the Toyo's? The only two downsides I see is that they aren't the cheapest and sometimes you have to drive a ways to get them like I have to drive around 2 hours or so to get them. Well worth it though.

Old 05-13-2008, 10:24 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Not really sure which one to get. I mean what's the equivelance to a 33/12.5/17, is it a 305/70/17? Can you help me find that tire? What about the Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ, that looks like a pretty sweet tire as well. Just want something that will ride very smooth and does well in the winter time. I want to pride myself off of having a very dependable truck in the wintertime, unlike it is now. The Procomp is $800 for four, and it is severe weather rated. So I'm not sure what to think. Really can't wait to do this though, it's going to completely change the ride of this truck. Lower, matching suspension, allignment, quite, gearing will be right, and smaller tires, I can't wait guys.

Old 05-13-2008, 11:51 PM
hometheaterman
Champion

That size you gave is a 33x12.0 for a 17" wheel so basically a 34" tire. Not sure which size is a 33" for a 17" wheel. My 305's for a 16" wheel are 32.8x12.0 when you convert the size but it's basically a 33x12.50. Measures a little wider than 12.50 but that depends on the tire.

Use this site to convert tire sizes. It's easy and fast

http://www.jeeptech.com/javaAps/conv.html

Quick Reply: Old I know...but still.