2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Old I know...but still.

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 03:38 AM
Slomojo
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Old I know...but still.

Your f***ed... I say this with the utmost sincerity. This guy will still be a dick seeing as how he's the cocky mof***er who obviously knows jack about transmission if he thinks the stutter and lack of power whatsoever in OD is normal.

Whatever you do, stick to the basics. You payed for a heavy duty tranny that was supposed to be flawless from day one, which in fact has never been flawless. From day one it has been gutless, and not even on the same level as the old tranny that was bone stock and not heavy duty like they say their tranny is... That alone speaks poorly enough upon the tranny shop's quality of work and evidently shows that the shop gave you a product that had never been properly tested. After you first recieved it there were problems and there are still other issues that need to be resolved just like there was before... If they forgot to properly do something the first time, who knows what else hadn't been done properly...

Now would be a good time to, not ask but, demand the specifications and build sheet consisting of details of what exactly is inside that tranny you purchased.

Continue with more facts. State that the stock tranny that was replaced by the shop was supposed to be replaced with a higher quality unit that was supposed to handle anything your truck currently has on it, which is what they stated to you and is something which you can hold against them. It was also supposed to operate just as smooth as the original if not better. That was the reason for spending the $4000. This they can not argue. Point out how your original stock transmission, in the same exact truck, didn't ever stutter going into OD so this tranny shouldn't either.

Then, take them for a ride, show them the problems concerning the stutter and lack of power in OD, and then tell them to fix it because it's under warranty, was stated to be able to handle anything your truck currently has on it, and because it's yet to perform the way they, not you, said it would. Hold them to their word...

Don't give any ground, if you do, they will keep advancing until they push you out the door, off the lot, and into the street.

Same kind of **** happened to me the other day. I bought something in one autozone and tried returning it to another. They said we can't take it back, I said you sell it for the same price here as there, I have a reciept, it's the same store owned by the same corporation, and that there is no reason not to take it back seeing as how nothing was ever used or opened. They argued, I stood my ground, I repeated myself, I made myself clear, I didn't go away until I got what I wanted since I had every single right seeing as how their return policy stated nothing about the bull**** they were trying to make me swallow, and guess what happened. I got what I wanted.

Do the same thing. Read that warranty you got, post it up on the forum just for ****z and giggles for all of us here, and use your rights.

Repeat yourself and don't give any ground. Otherwise, if you do, they will keep advancing until they push you out the door, off the lot, and into the street.

Get what I'm saying?

Old 05-16-2008, 09:44 AM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

ORIGINAL: Slomojo

Your f***ed... I say this with the utmost sincerity. This guy will still be a dick seeing as how he's the cocky mof***er who obviously knows jack about transmission if he thinks the stutter and lack of power whatsoever in OD is normal.

Whatever you do, stick to the basics. You payed for a heavy duty tranny that was supposed to be flawless from day one, which in fact has never been flawless. From day one it has been gutless, and not even on the same level as the old tranny that was bone stock and not heavy duty like they say their tranny is... That alone speaks poorly enough upon the tranny shop's quality of work and evidently shows that the shop gave you a product that had never been properly tested. After you first recieved it there were problems and there are still other issues that need to be resolved just like there was before... If they forgot to properly do something the first time, who knows what else hadn't been done properly...

Now would be a good time to, not ask but, demand the specifications and build sheet consisting of details of what exactly is inside that tranny you purchased.

Continue with more facts. State that the stock tranny that was replaced by the shop was supposed to be replaced with a higher quality unit that was supposed to handle anything your truck currently has on it, which is what they stated to you and is something which you can hold against them. It was also supposed to operate just as smooth as the original if not better. That was the reason for spending the $4000. This they can not argue. Point out how your original stock transmission, in the same exact truck, didn't ever stutter going into OD so this tranny shouldn't either.

Then, take them for a ride, show them the problems concerning the stutter and lack of power in OD, and then tell them to fix it because it's under warranty, was stated to be able to handle anything your truck currently has on it, and because it's yet to perform the way they, not you, said it would. Hold them to their word...

Don't give any ground, if you do, they will keep advancing until they push you out the door, off the lot, and into the street.

Same kind of **** happened to me the other day. I bought something in one autozone and tried returning it to another. They said we can't take it back, I said you sell it for the same price here as there, I have a reciept, it's the same store owned by the same corporation, and that there is no reason not to take it back seeing as how nothing was ever used or opened. They argued, I stood my ground, I repeated myself, I made myself clear, I didn't go away until I got what I wanted since I had every single right seeing as how their return policy stated nothing about the bull**** they were trying to make me swallow, and guess what happened. I got what I wanted.

Do the same thing. Read that warranty you got, post it up on the forum just for ****z and giggles for all of us here, and use your rights.

Repeat yourself and don't give any ground. Otherwise, if you do, they will keep advancing until they push you out the door, off the lot, and into the street.

Get what I'm saying?
I cannot tell you how pissed off I was getting at the transmission guy as I was reading this. After I finished reading this, I went right out to the truck and headed over there. As I planned, I asked him to come outside so I could have a word with him. When we got outside I told him I wanted to say what I wanted to say and that I would give him time to refute. I told him that I'm tired of being disrespected. I said I know you see me as a young guy coming in here, and so you take advantage of that and try to intimidate me out of getting the truck looked at. I told him I was really pissed off yesterday when he called me and bullied that phonecall with me. I said there is not an engine skip on this truck. I also said the tires should not be apart of this equation. I paid $1600 extra to make sure the tires would never be apart of the equation. I also mentioned that when I went to get the truck last night, it was parked in the grass and not even in their parking lot, complete disrepsect. I said the truck being in the grass like that made a message of "get this kid of our lot, he's clogging up real estate for our real customers". I told him I am a high paying customer, and that I paid A LOT of money for this transmission, and that I'm still paying for it, and that I have the right to have it assessed for face value. I told him that the stutter into overdrive is a legitmate cause to bring it in, and that it shouldn't have been brushed off, or blamed on the tires or an engine skip. I told him I could have went with Aamco transmission where they would have licked my nuts all night, but I said I didn't need that. I just want you to talk to me man to man and stop the bull**** and to stop brushing me off all the time. On the phone you brush me off, and when I come inside your always clicking on your computer while your talking to me and just not giving me the time a day. After all of this, he said, ok, lets go for a drive. We got on the highway, and it did the stutter. He said he didn't get that yesterday when he did it because he babied it and went full throttle. You would only get the stutter at a casual throttle pace. I also told him I was sizing the tires down to 33s, so that we should have it looked at AFTER the tires are put on. He said that it isn't going to be perfect everywhere though./ He said it is a performance transmission, designed to punch in at full throttle (which it does do great), so he said it's tough to make everything perfect across the spectrum while still retaining performance. But he said he does see the stutter and that they will fix it if it does it with the 33s. He then went onto say that he does get annoyed with me. He said he feels like I'm a customer who never seems to be satisfied and that I don't always interpret things the right way. I also told him I didnt like coming at him like that, but I said we need to be able to talk and be on the same page since we have a big warranty with this transmission. I have to be respected, and not ignored. So he apoligized, we shook hands, and we ended it at looking at the transmission, after it's lowered down and the truck has 33s. I think it went well, and I'm glad I finally addressed it. He was defiantly shocked when I spoke with him. I think he was expecting just a huffing and puffing little girl fight, but I rung him out, and demanded respect like an adult should, and he responded accordingly. Thank you slomojo for the motivational words.....it helped. I'm getting build sheet next time I come in by the way.

Old 05-16-2008, 10:19 AM
ron333
Captain

I'm glad he is starting to listen to you. That is exactly what you needed to do and now he will respect you more for it! When I mentioned going to the media about it, I was trying to ensure you that when you feel you have no voice, there is always another option. As HTM mentioned, I would have used it after trying to get it settled the way you just did!

You should feel proud of what you've accomplished today, and remember it for the future. There will always be people in life that will not give the proper respect when they think the problem will just go away if they keep brushing it off. Always be factual, and offer the same respect to them as you want from them. When all else fails, sometimes you will end up needing to take more drastic measures. With enough practice with settling things respectfully, and firmly, you'll find that more drastic measures usually aren't necessary very often at all. Sometimes just the knowledge of the more drastic means being available gives you the strength to stand your ground and get the situation settled without having to actually go to drastic means.

Congratulations and best wishes.

Old 05-16-2008, 10:56 AM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd call them up and tell them to have the buildsheet ready and tell them you will be by later today to get it. Didn't you say earlier it was only a few minutes from your house? I'd not wait for the next appointment I'd give them a call ahead of time to tell them to have it ready and go get it today.

I do think you handled it pretty well though.

As for the not being able to make it perfect everywhere APS seems to have pretty much done it. It does shift a little hard out of 1st at casual throttle but it doesn't bother me and doesn't slam into 2nd like you describe and the rest seems perfect. I mean honestly I just couldn't be more happier with it. It's a ton better than my stock one.

So if APS can do it why can't they?

Also you should go to the TOTM thread and post a list of your mods and what not if you have time.

Old 05-16-2008, 12:11 PM
padodgeram
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: 92GreenYJ

just as an FYI, the trackbar has nothing to do with your alignment. the trackbar is what helps locate the axle underneath the vehicle and prevent it from moving from side to side.
Really ? trackbar has nothing to do with alignment ?? You better rethink that...

Old 05-16-2008, 05:53 PM
92GreenYJ
Professional

ORIGINAL: padodgeram

ORIGINAL: 92GreenYJ

just as an FYI, the trackbar has nothing to do with your alignment. the trackbar is what helps locate the axle underneath the vehicle and prevent it from moving from side to side.
Really ? trackbar has nothing to do with alignment ?? You better rethink that...

not with tire alignment it doesn't. the trackbars sole purpose in life is to keep the axle itself located underneath the truck. it keeps the axle from rotating front to back and side to side. it is a necessary component with the style of front suspension under these trucks. tire alignment is controlled thru the tie rod.

Quick Reply: Old I know...but still.