2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Band adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 11:00 PM
lizardhunt
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Band adjustment

I hae to admit that will definatelybreak something loose.

I'll try that one next time I have a little more cash to drop into repairs and more time than I know what to do with.

Old 05-28-2008, 12:30 AM
eflores

mine is a 99 4x4 auto with a 318 and 3.55 gears. when power breaking it, it wont break one lose nor will it push. i just dropped the motor in on saturday. just a fresh 318 with some pretty shaved heads. maybe this truck is just gutless for its size, i just want it to drag my crawler to moab and back

Old 05-28-2008, 07:50 AM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Have you checked for a clogged Catalytic Converter or a Blown Plenum gasket? Both could rob you of a good deal of power.

Old 05-28-2008, 08:05 AM
eflores

clogged cat is a possibility they guy i bought it from cut the muffler off and to tell you the truth with just a cat and hunk of pipe its not that loud.....my 4.0 in my jeep is louder

Old 05-28-2008, 08:06 AM
eflores

oh and my plenum is fresh...

Old 06-28-2008, 07:34 PM
RICKSOCAL

I know i am going to get quite the load of sh** for re-posting.... this was posted in an older post and i thought i should've done it in the newest post this one. so here is my question:

the rear band adjustment.... where the hell do u get the square socket for the adjusting screw to tighten it to 72 in lbs?

i went to three different stores and none sold it and all had puzzled looks on there faces.

so to make sure what i am doing is right....

loosen the lock nut, and back it out 5 turns . 5 complete 360 turns, right? then tighten the adjsuting screw to 72 in lbs? then tighten the lock nut back up to 25 or 30 ft lbs?

i have a 46re tranny on a 5.9 2001 2wd 97,000 og miles on everything. just swapped out the alternator and that's about it. 1 previous owner b4 and he pampered it, i have pampered it, but now i must makee some routine maintanace on it. axle bearings, seals, diff. oil, u-joints(frnt & back single shaft), rear brakes, turn drums, tranny drain and band adjustment.
i need help in figuring were to get that freakin tool.

i am lost in translating the different specs out there. the haynes manual says 3 turns other people are saying 4 turns then there is the 2 7/8 turns, what the hell?

Quick Reply: Band adjustment