2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Help! Before junk yard closes

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 04:01 PM
tboss
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

first thing to remember is you must kill thge rust and thats very easy, after you have sanded the rust spots give them a good bath with muratic acid to kill the rust , just apply it to the spot let it stand for a few min. and rinse it off folowed be a good soap bath. BE SURE TO WEAR PROTECTIVE CLOTHING WHEN DOING THIS AND EYE PROTECTION. If you have a sand blaster to use its even better. Even the spots back up to the surface with a good spot filler sand them smooth with a pice of 250 grit sanding paper glued to a flat piece of wood and reaply primer to evidence that all scratches are gone then a good wet dry paper keepin it wet with water mixed with baby soap. It should look great. good luck terry-----------tboss

Old 08-30-2008, 04:04 PM
CaptCameltoe
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$35??!!!! That guy would be fired on the spot if he sold a door that cheap at the yard I work at lol The door handles are worth more then that each lol I am pretty sure the doors will be the same (94-01), but I do know that some later years (98-01) have different plugs for the window switches. You can at the very least use the shell and transfer your guts over if need be.

Old 08-31-2008, 10:51 AM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Smile

Thanks for the tips tboss.
Smile

And CC, Last year I got a perfect tailgate off one for $25 lol . And it was even the right color.

Last edited by zman17; 08-31-2008 at 11:02 AM.

Quick Reply: Help! Before junk yard closes