2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Camshaft Position Sensor

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 06:45 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Charlie McCollum
Thanks for the info. I have an Po300 code and po301 and P0308 and sometimes a P0300 and P0304. It changes sometimes. I can't yet check my fuel pressure because there is no extra port. i have steady vacuum. I was thinking about trying the cam sensor. New wires and cap and rotor. Any ideas.

....and go to the UserCP at the top of the page, and edit your dignature. Put infor about your truck there and we will all know what you are working on.

Welcome to DF.

Old 06-16-2012, 11:11 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,197 Likes on 2,949 Posts

And have you fixed your plenum yet?

Old 08-19-2014, 02:37 PM
jaolson_nc
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Figured at some point someone else will search this error code on the Forum (like I did). Replaced both the crank and cam sensors, replaced the flexplate (and rebuilt the transmission) - and low and behold, the problem resurfaced two weeks later. Fortunately the last time it also kicked on the alternator light. Ended up that the alternator was dying a slow death and the output fluctuation was likely impacting the sensors - that was kicking it into a limp mode and throwing codes. 2000 miles now and working like a charm. Don't overlook the alternator in your troubleshooting.

Quick Reply: Camshaft Position Sensor