2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Manual Locking Hubs.

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 07:56 PM
divetruck
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there a difference in various trucks? I have the manual shift lever on the floor for the 4wd. Is ther also the push button on other models? mines a 99

Old 12-06-2008, 08:41 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

no, all the 2nd gens have the manual shifter in the floor.

Old 12-03-2011, 02:55 PM
AFHEMI
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 2004 Ram 1500 4X4 was lifted at the dealership and it seems like the lift keeps such an accute angle on my front driceshaft that it keeps messing up that gear (hypoid gear?) that allows the driveshaft to angle down to the diff. Can I put locking hubs on (it's independant front susp. if that matters) to eliminate the front driveshaft from turning all the time, therefore eliminating any undue wear on the shaft? Or it it possible to install a solid front driveshaft? Any help would be AWESOME. This is gettin expensive!!

Old 12-03-2011, 02:56 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,177 Likes on 2,930 Posts

Originally Posted by AFHEMI
My 2004 Ram 1500 4X4 was lifted at the dealership and it seems like the lift keeps such an accute angle on my front driceshaft that it keeps messing up that gear (hypoid gear?) that allows the driveshaft to angle down to the diff. Can I put locking hubs on (it's independant front susp. if that matters) to eliminate the front driveshaft from turning all the time, therefore eliminating any undue wear on the shaft? Or it it possible to install a solid front driveshaft? Any help would be AWESOME. This is gettin expensive!!
You need to post this question in the third gen section.

Quick Reply: Manual Locking Hubs.