2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

CB Install Image

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 05:04 PM
offroadjosh
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its not illegal? He is fire dept. most states alow volly firefighters to run lights(red,blue, white, amber or a combo). I run red/white lights, here in montana.

Old 08-13-2011, 08:08 PM
BlueBeast2
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Old_School
That blue light setup is really cool looking on the ram but, (no offense) is really illeagal acording to the PA Vehicle Code.... In my neck of the woods the cops would have a field day with the citation book with you... but, as i said its cool though
Yup I know. Around here they leave you alone

Old 08-15-2011, 10:24 AM
Old_School
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by offroadjosh
Its not illegal? He is fire dept. most states alow volly firefighters to run lights(red,blue, white, amber or a combo). I run red/white lights, here in montana.
I understand that he is allowed to have blue lights as i used to vol. myself... what i am saying is our state has a vehicle code to what you are allowed to have. Here firefighters are allowed to run blue lights (only 1 all blue) as a courtosy light with no siren..

Old 08-15-2011, 11:14 AM
BlueBeast2
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Old_School
I understand that he is allowed to have blue lights as i used to vol. myself... what i am saying is our state has a vehicle code to what you are allowed to have. Here firefighters are allowed to run blue lights (only 1 all blue) as a courtosy light with no siren..
Yup he's right. Supposed to be 1 light all blue. I'm not supposed to have the clear, the dash light, the head and tail strobes, the grill lights. Hell they used to say you could only have 2 rotators not sure if that's changed or not. I go direct so I like to be lit up when I'm sitting on the scene

Old 08-15-2011, 01:04 PM
Old_School
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by BlueBeast2
Yup he's right. Supposed to be 1 light all blue. I'm not supposed to have the clear, the dash light, the head and tail strobes, the grill lights. Hell they used to say you could only have 2 rotators not sure if that's changed or not. I go direct so I like to be lit up when I'm sitting on the scene
The area i used to run in i could get away with a light bar with takedowns and alley lights with a dash light in the truck but, the area i moved to is by the book and the cops are citation happy... oh well my volley days are over... i really miss it tho

Old 09-21-2011, 09:18 AM
kadetklapp
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thought I'd throw a pic of my radio up. Not a CB, but a 2-meter rig. It's not wired up in the pic, but I've had it installed for a few weeks now and I'm pretty happy with it. It's angled up some because of the cooling fins on the back hitting the overhead console, but it's not too bad.
Name:  IMAG0542.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  79.6 KB

Old 09-21-2011, 10:01 AM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Pacmanloads
I may have to PM you since you posted this many moons ago.

Mind sharing your install magic? Is it muffled in that location? What model is the CB? I'm assuming it's smaller size due to the location.

Old 01-27-2012, 10:45 PM
Old_School
Record Breaker

Well, i thought i would bring this thread back from the walking dead since i now have my setup the way i like it...

My setup is not in a Ram but, a Durango and includes:

* Uniden Grant XL
* Wilson Trucker 2000 w/ fender mount

Old 01-27-2012, 10:57 PM
kadetklapp
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I still haven't mounted my new Chicken Band radio in the Ram. I just cannot fathom where to put it... 29LX LCD.

Old 01-27-2012, 11:24 PM
Ugly1
Record Breaker
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by kadetklapp
I still haven't mounted my new Chicken Band radio in the Ram. I just cannot fathom where to put it... 29LX LCD.
I here you. My 148gtl is just sitting looking pretty and the only room for it in the truck is is inaccessible. :{ Been thinking about a 75 WX ST but no single sideband support. Don't use sidebands much any way I suppose. Gotta have something in there and thats about the only thing that'll fit. Maybe one of those uniden 520XL thingys...

Quick Reply: CB Install Image