2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

m1 Intake

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 07:54 PM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Neon, It's my advice that you don't do it. at least not without some serious thought Here's why:

1. The intake is going to require a bigger TB. Have you gotten a Fastman yet?

2. What gears are you running? Are you 100% sure you've got 4.10 gears? Beyond a shadow of a doubt sure? And what size tires are you running? I don't know exactly how much low end you want to sacrifice, given your current truck setup.

3. Are you still running on a limping Tranny? I honestly didn't catch the conclusion of that. Last I heard, you were getting a stock replacement right?

4. Don't you tow with your rig as a part of your job (or family job)? You need your ***** down low, not up high for that, and the M1 will move you farther away from towing.

5. And most important: what do you want your truck to be? Fast or big? A racer or a stump puller? You have to pick a direction and go with it. It seems like you don't have a clear direction in mind (performance wise, not cosmetically).

Just my $0.02.

Old 12-15-2008, 08:28 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Old 12-15-2008, 10:21 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aim4squirrels
Neon, It's my advice that you don't do it. at least not without some serious thought Here's why:

1. The intake is going to require a bigger TB. Have you gotten a Fastman yet?

2. What gears are you running? Are you 100% sure you've got 4.10 gears? Beyond a shadow of a doubt sure? And what size tires are you running? I don't know exactly how much low end you want to sacrifice, given your current truck setup.

3. Are you still running on a limping Tranny? I honestly didn't catch the conclusion of that. Last I heard, you were getting a stock replacement right?

4. Don't you tow with your rig as a part of your job (or family job)? You need your ***** down low, not up high for that, and the M1 will move you farther away from towing.

5. And most important: what do you want your truck to be? Fast or big? A racer or a stump puller? You have to pick a direction and go with it. It seems like you don't have a clear direction in mind (performance wise, not cosmetically).

Just my $0.02.

As the truck stands now, it has 285/70/17 tires, with 4.10 gearing. I do not have a Fastman TB, but will eventually buy one at some point in the future. N.E Transmission will be replacing their transmission with a stock 46re, so this should end the transmission saga. As for my truck, I don't really have any kind of ambition to make it anything I can't afford. I enjoy the truck being relatively stock so when **** breaks, it's less money to repair it. Although the truck looks a little flashy, it is relatively stock. The M1 appeals to me because it will eliminate any risk of replacing the plenum gasket, not to mention, even if I don't use it, I can probably sell it for more than the fender flares. You make some good points, and I would definitely figure out what direction I want to go with the truck before I had it installed. Will an M1 really take away noticeable torque?

Old 12-15-2008, 10:26 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

if your plunum isnt broken dont fix it, by the m1, keep the flares they look good on your truck, imagine if they were not on there, and make sure if you do it it is fuel injected and your going to need the fastman and some kinda tuner. to get low end back and possibly rollor rockers , rollor rockers and fastman are both for low to mid rpms.

Old 12-17-2008, 04:47 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion

what you choose to do???????

Old 12-17-2008, 06:40 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 01DodgeRam360
N.E Transmission will be replacing their transmission with a stock 46re, so this should end the transmission saga.
I highly doubt it. I know I am beating a dead horse here, and I know we've told you this a million times Neon, but I want to repeat myself one more time...

They f*cked you over once, continued to lie and f*ck you over for a period of months with various obviously bogus excuses that either they were lying to you about, or worse, they had no idea what they were doing. Then they try to f*ck you over with a bill on repairs that should have been covered under their warranty, just to try to get rid of you.

They got paid ridiculously well (highway robbery, actually) for a fake "HD" tranny that they obviously had no idea how to do, and now you are thinking that they will do a quality job for a thing they aren't even going to get paid for??? You are crazy.

The transmission saga has not ended, not by a long shot. A period of weeks from now (at most), I am willing to bet you will be stuck with a shotty tranny again, and then they will say you were hot-rodding it and wrecked it, not their fault. Then you are SOL.

I would have taken the lawyer thing further, to court if necessary.

Sorry man, but I gotta say, I think you made a terrible decision. I hope I am wrong, and wish you luck.

As far as the M1 goes, I would suggest you get a Fastman first, and then maybe do the famous "keggar mod". I agree with what squirrels said.

Last edited by jasonw; 12-17-2008 at 06:44 PM.
Old 12-17-2008, 08:21 PM
PurplDodge
Legend

Thank you Jason!!!

Why the hell do you think that they will give a good transmissin? This is a stupid thing to figt over, because you are being a dumbass with this. Thats probably why they screwed you over, over, and over again. You didnt assert yourself, letting these people screw you. From all of this, you kinda sound like a pansy.(I cant wait to hear your reply)

First, the fact that you paid $4,000 for a tranny is F*CKING REDICULIOUS!!!!!!!!(That is about 3/4 of what I paid for my truck!)
THen it breaks!
Then they dont know whats wrong
then you come wining to us
We tell you tuff luck, its your fault......and so on....

This sh*t is not done, either. The month after they put that "stock" tranny in your truck, it'll start to act up, and the sequence above will go on, AGAIN!!!!
If this were up to me, I wouldnt even let them near my truck! They F*cked up once, and i dont forget that.
This is stupid, WHY the hell didnt you get a lawyer?? It seems criminal that they would do that to you, and you not take any action.

Nevermind, im done, because you dont listen to anything anybody says on this damn forum.

Old 12-17-2008, 08:48 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion

if you do the m1 while the plenum is off do the kegger mod, then if you dont like the m1 put the modded kegger back on

Old 12-17-2008, 11:19 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The M1 is would be nice to get rid of the pleneum design. I thought I'd go with it once I did my pleneum but ended up just getting a APS kit as it was much cheaper. The reviews say you will lose low end with the M1 but gain high end however, on a stock motor you probably wont see high enough rpms to see the gains. If you like the flairs I'd keep them if you want to get rid of them it sounds like a decent trade if it's the right m1 for your truck.

Old 12-18-2008, 12:08 AM
PurplDodge
Legend

Originally Posted by lastrights
what you choose to do???????
He chose to keep his head up his ***.

Quick Reply: m1 Intake