2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New tools new things to do

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 10:11 AM
Gav1n8
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just headers alone? I don't really understand... Your engine has to have blow back on it to function at a 100%... Otherwise no one would buy exhaust and just cut theirs off... It is illegal in almost every state to not have a CAT. Cut it off after cat your okay and cannot get a ticket. Before cat then ur supposably killing the ozone layer therefor get a ticket. Straight headers would sound ear piercing and I imagine would be even worse for your motor.

Old 12-28-2008, 10:23 AM
vmann
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well im not going to do anything to my cat just the muffler.. for now. Im going to measure everything out tonight and most likely buy the muffler after my birthday (dec 31!) unless i get one for my birthday in which case i will just buy the extra pipes and clamps (for now) and install the new one.

Old 12-28-2008, 02:14 PM
charlie1935
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gav1n8
Just headers alone? I don't really understand... Your engine has to have blow back on it to function at a 100%... Otherwise no one would buy exhaust and just cut theirs off... It is illegal in almost every state to not have a CAT. Cut it off after cat your okay and cannot get a ticket. Before cat then ur supposably killing the ozone layer therefor get a ticket. Straight headers would sound ear piercing and I imagine would be even worse for your motor.
Tampering with emissions is against FEDERAL LAW! It's just enforced in some states and areas. Actually here in Illinois it's against the law to modify the exhaust system from original equipment. Thank goodness it ain't enforced.

Quick Reply: New tools new things to do