2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Oil mod?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 03:07 PM
RM_Indy
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mowhawk
yeah thats true, I would imagine it would be smarter to drop some extra weight and throw in a larger block(390?) then stroke that out to a 426. Or just grab a big block and be done with it.
I started getting into wt reduction in 98. Anything you can remove or relocate will improve the ets. Helped me get a 13.99 with a stock 5.9 and no power adders Oct/01(3860lbs).
I had it down to 3800lbs (still had all pwr options except seats) back in 03 but adding the s/c and few other things wt increased a fair bit. 4100+ me for my hi 12pass cause I was concerned about traction so added wt (full street trim/on skinnies/slicks)
Any luck this year Ill have it back down 3800 again with the alum heads and ac delete as well as better wt distribution. Removing the ac cause it stopped working, gets in the way. I can mount my intercooler in place of the condensor.

Could do what my buddy is doing, just got the R3 race small block. Hes going with 454ci and cnc'd Indy heads on it Going to bug the chebby guys that he has 454mopar small block lol

Old 02-09-2009, 05:47 PM
Mowhawk
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RM_Indy
I started getting into wt reduction in 98. Anything you can remove or relocate will improve the ets. Helped me get a 13.99 with a stock 5.9 and no power adders Oct/01(3860lbs).
I had it down to 3800lbs (still had all pwr options except seats) back in 03 but adding the s/c and few other things wt increased a fair bit. 4100+ me for my hi 12pass cause I was concerned about traction so added wt (full street trim/on skinnies/slicks)
Any luck this year Ill have it back down 3800 again with the alum heads and ac delete as well as better wt distribution. Removing the ac cause it stopped working, gets in the way. I can mount my intercooler in place of the condensor.

Could do what my buddy is doing, just got the R3 race small block. Hes going with 454ci and cnc'd Indy heads on it Going to bug the chebby guys that he has 454mopar small block lol
Thats sick man. I guess thats what i should start doing. Relocating and deleting weight. Tat 454 is going to be sick though. lol

Old 02-09-2009, 07:31 PM
Acapalic
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah...... Im just gunna slap a big motor in my bitch and call it done