2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Can someone Teach me something? again :)

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 04:12 PM
Erik Kuijvenhoven
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can someone Teach me something? again :)

Hey guys I have had some major bad luck with Nascar ceramic brake pads the pad fell off and ruined my rotor but the garage i got it done at, are saying its my fault for not doing a caliper service I guess lubing the piston I don't know how to do this Does anyone here and can they tell me please Thanks in advance

Old 02-13-2009, 05:07 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

They were probably talking about the slide pins and where the calipers ride on the steering knuckle. They need to be cleaned and greased. A haynes manual would help you greatly.

Old 02-13-2009, 05:18 PM
RM_Indy
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Or download the Chrysler service manual. Works for most model years. I have 96 & 99 and find it very usefull. Thanks Steve!!

http://www.rm-indy.com/wavefiles/2001ramsrvcmanual.zip

Old 02-13-2009, 06:27 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Erik Kuijvenhoven
Hey guys I have had some major bad luck with Nascar ceramic brake pads the pad fell off and ruined my rotor but the garage i got it done at, are saying its my fault for not doing a caliper service I guess lubing the piston I don't know how to do this Does anyone here and can they tell me please Thanks in advance
wait a minute...
you took your truck to a garage for brake service, bought their most expensive nascar ceramic brake pads, and they installed them... then one of them came apart, which messed up the rotor, and they're saying its "your fault" for not doing something called caliper service.

surely not... tell me i've misread this.

Old 02-13-2009, 06:33 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

You are right DV, I miss read the post. They are the ones that should have done the install properly. Unless the OP denied some additional work they suggested.

Old 02-13-2009, 07:45 PM
96RamSLT
Veteran

yeah id have to agree... most times when you go to a shop to get something taken care of you'd expect it done properly.. and if something f***s up bcuz of it... well lets just say id be on the phone doing some major b****ing... but thats just me.

Old 02-13-2009, 09:35 PM
burnnxs
Rookie

ok Im confused now... If someone did the service and the brakes went south and the excuse for the tech that performed the job was that........... I would remove the calipers (walk or take the bus because your truck is down and has no brakes) and throw them at him AIMING directly at HIS NOSE and ask him polytly to fix it RIGHT this time.

Old 02-14-2009, 09:40 AM
Erik Kuijvenhoven
Professional

Its Mid**s in Hamilton They SUCK!!!!! Its a little my fault too I went off the deep end and kinda had a fist fight with one of the guys So I kinda ruined any chances of legal threats t fix my issue. I am self employed and cant take ANY down time so i went in there demanding to get it fixed right away they said it wont be for 2 days then they said I cant leave with my truck or they are gonna call the cops then I got MAD as anyone would !!!! So I hit the guy and left

Old 02-14-2009, 09:42 AM
Erik Kuijvenhoven
Professional

thanks for the tips I really should buy a service manual

Old 02-14-2009, 10:01 AM
Erik Kuijvenhoven
Professional

Originally Posted by RM_Indy
Or download the Chrysler service manual. Works for most model years. I have 96 & 99 and find it very usefull. Thanks Steve!!

http://www.rm-indy.com/wavefiles/2001ramsrvcmanual.zip
Thanks eh

Quick Reply: Can someone Teach me something? again :)