2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Kind of OT: Edge

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 08:29 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I now wish I got a NAPA Gold filter, already. lol. I paid $13 for a filter for my mower!!

Old 03-10-2009, 08:57 PM
TMS Bill
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pcfixerpro
Well... after I have seen it happen three times where the PH16 filter gasket portion remains attached to the block after you remove the filter....
Dude ... that's an EXTREMELY common problem ... certainly not limited to Fram. There are all kinds of horror stories about folks blowing out the double seal and pumping a crankcase full of oil onto the ground. I check for it twice and lube the new ring REALLY good with new oil ... still seen the old one stick ... once with a K&N.

Old 03-10-2009, 09:20 PM
SilverRam_01
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aim4squirrels
I think that unless you're really going to run it for 15K, you won't notice a difference between that stuff and the Walmart Supertech after 3K.

That being said, I went to Wally World for Mopar ATF+4 and they didn't have it anymore, only the Supertech ATF+4. I just couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger on it.

Hey!! I work at Wal-Mart! And I'm runnin the Supertech! Double whammy! LOL J/K its all good! The Supertech ATF4 seems to work fine for me, got like 10K on it and it's all good!!

PC... Not cappin on you, but I see filter rings stick at least a couple times a day, from all sorts of differnet filters... but I'm a WIX man too, especially after cutting almost every type open...

Old 03-10-2009, 09:36 PM
PurplDodge
Legend

Supertech ATF+4 is the same thing as Mopar ATF+4.
http://www.centerforqa.com/licensedatf4brands.html

Last edited by PurplDodge; 03-10-2009 at 09:41 PM.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:49 PM
Acapalic
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nothing beats that 1inch socket on the k&n filter. I changed my moms dakota oil , and with 4wd the skid plates blocks the filter. Super annoying to get a filter wrench in there, all i need is a 1 inch socket and a swivle extension and a ratchet , and boom its out. I still havent had a gasket stick , but i be sure to lube it with oil before slaping it on , Again , its never on long enough to stick . Id rather spend the extra money , and know that my ram is safe. Altho ive notice , if i run the motor hard (aka flooring it alot) ill change it sooner...... anyone got anti ocd pills?

Old 03-10-2009, 11:09 PM
PurplDodge
Legend

I hate changing the oil in my freind's Dakota. Cheap bastard will only buy Frap filters and Valvoline and expect it to last 6,000 miles.

Quick Reply: Kind of OT: Edge