2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Custom Gauge Mount

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 06:44 PM
Jpnorris87
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep....its all good.

Old 04-02-2009, 07:55 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Jpnorris87- Hey man thanks for the kind words! You pretty much summed it up. Its nice to know that some people can understand a 14YO Gearhead.

....And about the thing with the Xbox games...Kids my age spend nothing on them....They have mommy and daddy pay for that ****.

Old 04-02-2009, 11:35 PM
95MaroonMonster
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by J415
All I was trying to say was that someone who works on there truck at the age of 14 and puts $1000 plus in to the truck is not an investment. That's a hobby. Totally different. Yeah Trucks can help make money for you (I own a Landscaping company) but when you start adding cams high performance exhaust and what not, then you start losing money. Those upgrades, as fun as they may be, don't help out any. As a business owner, you need to maintain your truck and keep it running an optimal performance. Not waste it on irrelevant things. I was just commenting on Purpl's use of the word "investment" when he used it to describe how much he spent on his truck.
gotcha, yea mines bone stock, cept for the side pipe b/c the duals it had when i bought it [which i liked] were falling apart, spent like 60 on muffler and pipes, better than 200 or more on a name brand part
now i like the truck and all, and wouldn't mind having a fire breathing 408 stroker, but im saving for college and gas as it is lol

Old 04-03-2009, 08:12 AM
Jpnorris87
Professional

No problem kid. Ive been there, and dealt with all the a**holes. I was there....except I was 15 and running the shop while my boss was on the road all the time. Keep it up! Everything you screw up is something that you are going to do right on a customer's car one day. BTW, if you want to really polish aluminum get some cloth buffing wheels and a bunch of different blocks of rouge. Works alot better than chrome polish crap. If you do it right, it will come out looking like a mirror.

Quick Reply: Custom Gauge Mount