2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

long tubes headers

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009 | 10:12 AM
97black_ram
Captain

Originally Posted by lastrights
plus i want to finish the headers and start saving for a gears
Were as bad as chicks. They by to many shoes and purses and the guys spent too much on there trucks even when there not paid off.

I'm one of those guys.

Old 05-13-2009 | 10:14 AM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion

My shorties weren't the best bang for the buck (though they look cool), but they weren't worthless. They really opened up the top end. Pulling hills at high rpm, escpecially when towing, became noticably easier after the shorty header install. Same for the highflow cat - mostly top end improvement.

Old 05-13-2009 | 12:34 PM
Ninety5PoloZ
Rookie

I just installed Pacesetter LTs and offroad y-pipe a few weeks ago and that was deffinately worth the time and money.

I did notice a little loss of torque, but the top end power was worth the little bit of loss. Plus the 4.56s pretty much took care of the little bit of torque lost

The Pacesetters headers fit awesome. My dad and I had them installed in less than 2 hours and the y-pipe fit great too. I ordered a highflow cat and will soon have some sort of catback soon LOL The only thing that I didn't like about the y pipe is that it doesn't angle the end pipe at the right angle, but all I need to do is loosen the clamps and realign everything and it should be fine.

Quick Reply: long tubes headers