2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Engine Issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009 | 09:40 PM
95MaroonMonster
Record Breaker

on a side note on cooling systems, check your lower hose, i am going to change mine because its slowly rubbing on the frame, and when i do, im gonna cut a chunk of the old hose off, and cut it down the side, and put it over the new one where it touches the frame
i guess i better make a list of what my truck needs before i leave for college 4 hrs away this fall.

not to hijack the thread or anything man

Old 05-13-2009 | 09:43 PM
97black_ram
|
Captain

Originally Posted by 95MaroonMonster
on a side note on cooling systems, check your lower hose, i am going to change mine because its slowly rubbing on the frame, and when i do, im gonna cut a chunk of the old hose off, and cut it down the side, and put it over the new one where it touches the frame
i guess i better make a list of what my truck needs before i leave for college 4 hrs away this fall.

not to hijack the thread or anything man
No prob. Would it hurt if I went to the parts store and dumped some coolant dye in the radiator.

Old 05-13-2009 | 10:51 PM
95MaroonMonster
Record Breaker

i don't see why not, but don't take my word on that

Old 05-13-2009 | 11:01 PM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion

Are you sure that your fill tank doesn't have a crack in it? That wonderful Dodge plastic loves to crack over time with heat. Mine has hairline cracks going down the sides where it has the little lips to hook onto the frame rail. I drove myself batty with an issue like that and it was the cracks in the tank that were losing the fluid.

Old 05-13-2009 | 11:13 PM
TruckinDodge
Professional

Originally Posted by 97black_ram
My radiator cap is a 7 lb. I don't believe in a high pressure cap like 17 lb which the part store tries to sell me.

Maybe I will give the radiator dye a try.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but the pressure in the cooling system helps keep it from boiling. Also if your coming up to temp with a lower pressure cap and your coolant is surging the tank and over flowing it, wouldn't it possibly draw the water that is remaining in the tank back into the radiator, thus leaving you with the thought that you are loosing coolant in the engine?

Sorry for the bad punctuation I never got good english grades.

Quick Reply: Engine Issue