2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

to lift or not to lift! lol

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 12:30 PM
Cereal Killer
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you ant your 4x2 a little bit higher, Just put a 3" body lift on it, do it yourself. You and your dad or one of your buddies or something can do it over the weekend. It'll only set you back a couple hundred bucks, and Your truck will be bigger.

Now, it is your truck, and your money, but really... why would you spend thousands of dollars on a suspension system that you will NEVER utilize? Save that money, but it toward your next vehicle or something worth while. This won't be your last vehicle.

Old 06-10-2009, 03:37 PM
dsertdog56
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cereal Killer
If you ant your 4x2 a little bit higher, Just put a 3" body lift on it, do it yourself. You and your dad or one of your buddies or something can do it over the weekend. It'll only set you back a couple hundred bucks, and Your truck will be bigger.

Now, it is your truck, and your money, but really... why would you spend thousands of dollars on a suspension system that you will NEVER utilize? Save that money, but it toward your next vehicle or something worth while. This won't be your last vehicle.
+3 I could not agree more with that statement. Too many people try to define themselves by thier vehicle. But let's not try to be philosophers. Honestly...Don't you think everyone in these forums spends money on mods they will never utilize?

Aside...In fact, I believe they do this to impress people they not only don't like, but would/will never like them.

Old 06-10-2009, 03:55 PM
Xmodracer0

just two words....ford sucks

Old 06-10-2009, 06:03 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Xmodracer0
Wow, are you serious. Why take this thread down that road again? Got anything on topic to contribute?

Old 06-10-2009, 06:36 PM
Cereal Killer
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Xmodracer0

(I love these new icons)

Oh, and I have an additon to the body lift. Since you can lift your suspension about 3" without it costing you and arm and a leg you could throw some 1-ton springs on the front, and a couple inches worth of add-a-leafs in the rear. and all together you'd have 6" of lift. That coupled by the inch or so you'd gain by putting bigger tires on it, and you're good to rock and roll.

You put a locker in your rear end and you could do some rock n' and rollin.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:41 PM
EndIsNear
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Cereal Killer

(I love these new icons)

Oh, and I have an additon to the body lift. Since you can lift your suspension about 3" without it costing you and arm and a leg you could throw some 1-ton springs on the front, and a couple inches worth of add-a-leafs in the rear. and all together you'd have 6" of lift. That coupled by the inch or so you'd gain by putting bigger tires on it, and you're good to rock and roll.

You put a locker in your rear end and you could do some rock n' and rollin.

Wouldn't that 1-ton coil require and aftermarket control arm? I mean, Daystar has the 2.5" spacer that says "an aftermarket upper control arm is required", so wouldn't 3" of coil cause even more stress on the stock components?

But I'm all for the body lift. I've seen some pretty sick trucks with a 2" leveling kit and 3" body lift. It really isn't worth the few thousand to upgrade a 2WD to all suspension. If you plan on offroading lightly every now and then, then you should level it, body lift it, and lock it. Check this out too. I found it helpful.

http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/...ives.aspx?pg=2

Quick Reply: to lift or not to lift! lol