2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Hell Bent leveling kit installed

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 06:23 PM
BigRedRam95
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I put my HBS 2inch spacer kit on I had to do an alignment not because I put the lift on but because the guy I got my truck from only did a driveway alignment when he put the new frame under it. and I put on new tires the day befor the alignment

Old 06-16-2009, 08:42 PM
Miami_Son
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sungod
Wait, I thought you said that it wouldn't change? Oh, that is right, you were wrong. Toe on a SFA is the only setting you can adjust (point of reference is that there is a difference between adjust and change). Anytime you change the ride height you change caster. Anytime your caster changes, your toe will change (unless you happen to be running zero toe angle). The fact that you had it aligned 3 weeks ago makes this change even worse. Your alignment 3 weeks ago adjusted it to the specs based on the ride height at the time which includes the 10 years of sag. That is why you should have your alignment checked every 12k. I don't know how much lift you actually gained, but I can bet you that your toe was slightly positive before and after adding an 1 1/4 to the front and doing nothing to the rear that your caster has changed and probably pushed your toe negative.

Apology accepted.
Bite me. And you're still wrong.

Old 06-16-2009, 08:45 PM
Miami_Son
Banned

Just got back from Firestone where they did the alignment 3 weeks ago. They rechecked it for me. Absolutely nothing changed. Charged me $19.95 just for the labor to recheck. Worth every penny to prove SunGod wrong.

And you should always do an alignment with new tires, but every 12k is ridiculous unless you see some odd tread wear or handling issues.

Last edited by Miami_Son; 06-16-2009 at 08:48 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:27 PM
95MaroonMonster
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

and you noticed, he has not posted yet, prolly in the corner crying b/c he's wrong, just like Viper

Old 06-16-2009, 10:33 PM
Miami_Son
Banned

I'm sure he'll be back. His type never let go.

Old 06-16-2009, 10:46 PM
95MaroonMonster
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if we're lucky, he'll take the ban stick up the ***

Old 06-17-2009, 09:12 AM
sungod
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Miami_Son
Just got back from Firestone where they did the alignment 3 weeks ago. They rechecked it for me. Absolutely nothing changed. Charged me $19.95 just for the labor to recheck. Worth every penny to prove SunGod wrong.

And you should always do an alignment with new tires, but every 12k is ridiculous unless you see some odd tread wear or handling issues.
Where is the print out? It is easy to sit back and claim that you did something, so let's see the proof? We both know that you didn't go and are making it up. It is impossible that you added 2 inches of lift and nothing changed. Why would they charge you to check it? It should be under warranty if you had it done 3 weeks ago. Unless you can post your original alignment from 3 weeks ago and the one you are making up that you did yesterday, there is no need for you to respond.

Checking every 12k is the suggested interval. Obviously there are other factors that can impact that. Much like your other responses your ignorance continues. If you wait until you have a wear pattern, it is too late. Your tires are toast. They don't recover. The reason you have it checked is to catch it before you have an issue.

Old 06-17-2009, 09:50 AM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Are you ****ing serious?

Old 06-17-2009, 11:06 AM
sungod
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PurplDodge
Are you ****ing serious?
About???

Old 06-17-2009, 11:28 AM
Miami_Son
Banned

Dude, I have nothing to prove to you. Who the eff are you to think I do? He charged me because I told him about the lift kit instead of trying to scam them into doing it under warranty. I don't know you nor you me, but you've taken a simple disagreement and used it to call me a liar. In my book, that makes you a POS. Good day, I'm done with you. You're not worth the effort.

Quick Reply: Hell Bent leveling kit installed