2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

46re tranny Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 12:03 AM
wingnutt
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 46re tranny Question

HEY FELLAS NEW MEMBER AND FIRST POST. HAVE A 46RE TRANNY THAT I REBUILT ABOUT 6000 MILES AGO.REBUILT TORQ CONV,PUMP,OVERHAUL KIT.DID NOT HAVE ANY PROBLEMS OUT OF IT. UNTIL RECENTLY.MY PROBLEM IS THAT WHEN I START THE TRUCK I HAVE TO CYCLE THE GEAR TROUGH REV. TO DRIVE. 4 TO 5 TIME THEN I HAVE NO PROBLEM. IT WILL RUN ALL DAY LONG. UNTIL I SHUT IT OFF FOR 10 TO 15 MIN. THEN I HAVE TO DO IT ALL AGAIN.I HAVE NOTICED THAT WHEN STARTED IN NEUTRAL I DO NOT HAVE TO DO THIS. IF I HAVE TO PULL IT BACK OUT I WILL BUT I NEED TO KNOW WHAT FOR.

Old 07-25-2009, 12:18 AM
95MaroonMonster
Record Breaker

first off, don't type in all caps, i (or anyone else for that matter could prolly not read your incoherent post)
thanks

oh here ya go n00b, this will fix it
http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main...products_id=13

Last edited by 95MaroonMonster; 07-25-2009 at 12:22 AM.
Old 07-25-2009, 01:27 AM
wingnutt

OK i will give you that one on cap,s my bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!I come to this form for a reason and that is to learn about the all mighty dodge. not to get punk down.apparently you don't know what is wrong with my truck if you can't give people good advice.then may be it is better to not give advice at all. o'ya good site. and to add to prolly, spell check work wonders

Old 07-25-2009, 02:22 AM
Trey318
Captain

Chill there buddy. Noobs on sites that immediately go to asking questions in a hard to read manner are gonna get some hell. Nobody wants to spend their time deciphering a post. Please edit the first post in a readable manner and you will receive more and better help.

Also take some time to introduce yourself. You can do that here: https://dodgeforum.com/forum/new-member-area-11/

Welcome to Dodge Forum.

Old 07-25-2009, 03:05 AM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Like Mr. Trey said, welcome. Allow me to help you out here a little. I am not being a jerk here, simply trying to help ya out, maybe get some more responses.

Originally Posted by wingnutt
HEY FELLAS NEW MEMBER AND FIRST POST. HAVE A 46RE TRANNY THAT I REBUILT ABOUT 6000 MILES AGO.REBUILT TORQ CONV,PUMP,OVERHAUL KIT.DID NOT HAVE ANY PROBLEMS OUT OF IT. UNTIL RECENTLY.MY PROBLEM IS THAT WHEN I START THE TRUCK I HAVE TO CYCLE THE GEAR TROUGH REV. TO DRIVE. 4 TO 5 TIME THEN I HAVE NO PROBLEM. IT WILL RUN ALL DAY LONG. UNTIL I SHUT IT OFF FOR 10 TO 15 MIN. THEN I HAVE TO DO IT ALL AGAIN.I HAVE NOTICED THAT WHEN STARTED IN NEUTRAL I DO NOT HAVE TO DO THIS. IF I HAVE TO PULL IT BACK OUT I WILL BUT I NEED TO KNOW WHAT FOR.
|
|
\/

|
|
\/
Hey fellas. New member and first post. I have a 46RE tranny that I rebuilt about 6000 miles ago. It has a rebuilt torque converter, pump, and overhaul kit. I did not have any problems with it until recently. The problem is that the truck will not move unless I cycle from reverse to drive four or five times. After that, it will work fine, until I shut it off for 10 to 15 minutes, and then I have to do it all over again. I have noticed that if I put it in neutral, I do not have this issue. If I have to pull the tranny back out, I will, but I need to know what to fix.

Last edited by jasonw; 07-25-2009 at 03:09 AM.
Old 07-25-2009, 03:07 AM
wingnutt

thanks trey. i apologize to maroon monster. i do not take anybody on this site as not knowing what they are talking about. because everybody has something to offer. i have been on this site before and have learned a lot. my Trans is giving a head ache.

to make it simple the trans. slip in rev. and drive until i put it in the gears 4 or 5 times after that i can pull a mountain. every time i shut it off i have to do it all over again . i did rebuild it myself i put a rebuilt torq.converter a rebuilt pump and a overhaul kit.

Old 07-25-2009, 03:17 AM
wingnutt

Originally Posted by jasonw
Like Mr. Trey said, welcome. Allow me to help you out here a little. I am not being a jerk here, simply trying to help ya out, maybe get some more responses.

|
|
\/

|
|
\/
lol.....i am country if you knew how it takes me to type

Old 07-25-2009, 03:22 AM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

lol.....i am country if you knew how it takes me to type
Would the translation of this be "I am from the country, if you only knew how long it takes me to type"?

If you have Microsoft Word, it has a grammar checker you can use. Type your post into Word, it'll grammar check (green squiggly lines) for you and spell check (red squiggly lines) for you. After its all fixed up, copy the whole thing, paste it here, and post it. There ya are, grammar and spelling checked.

Last edited by jasonw; 07-25-2009 at 03:24 AM.
Old 07-25-2009, 03:27 AM
wingnutt

Originally Posted by jasonw
Would the translation of this be "I am from the country, if you only knew how long it takes me to type"?

If you have Microsoft Word, it has a grammar checker you can use. Type your post into Word, it'll grammar check (green squiggly lines) for you and spell check (red squiggly lines) for you. After its all fixed up, copy the whole thing, paste it here, and post it. There ya are, grammar and spelling checked.

thank,s

Old 07-25-2009, 03:35 AM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

No problem. Like I said, not trying to be a jerk, just trying to help.

Like others said earlier, the easier your posts are to understand, the more likely people will reply to them and help you out.

Quick Reply: 46re tranny Question