2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-06-2015, 11:43 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

Stereo upgrade has been finished.

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 11:08 PM
Miami_Son
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I went with 5.25s in the rear, also, but when mounted in the stock hole there was open space all around, so I filled it with the mounting rings I made in order to seal it completely.

Old 09-26-2009, 11:29 PM
greenmachine
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HMMMM when I replaced mine there was a mounting ring from the old speaker that I used. Just thought I would ask.

Old 09-27-2009, 02:53 AM
Miami_Son
Banned

The previous owner replaced the Infinity stuff, so I guess the mounting rings were gone. The speakers that were in there had been sealed with dum-dum, which I didn't care for. The mounts I made worked out great.

Old 09-27-2009, 09:00 AM
WaynesWorld
Veteran

good stuff. Looks good Miami. This thread gave me lots of avenues to consider for my upgrade. Keep goin!

Old 09-27-2009, 11:12 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

miami, i have a couple questions for ya.
-have you ever rigged anything on your truck or do you always go all out and shoot for a professional looking install.
-did you find any sand in the door panels when you took them off? i remember you telling the forum about karma getting you back for playing in the sand when the truck still belonged to your friend.

Old 09-27-2009, 11:21 AM
Miami_Son
Banned

1. I was an avionics installer on Gulfstream jets at one point in my career. Jury-rigging anything goes against my core values.

2. Very little sand, but a ton of his dog's hair.

Old 09-27-2009, 12:09 PM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by Miami_Son
1. I was an avionics installer on Gulfstream jets at one point in my career. Jury-rigging anything goes against my core values.
so thats where the need for perfection comes from. looks like those values are still pretty strong today.
so i'll compliment you on yet another nice install.

Old 09-27-2009, 04:13 PM
greenmachine
All Star

Originally Posted by Miami_Son

2. Very little sand, but a ton of his dog's hair.
Miami, I myself am an avionics guy 7 years with mil and now working private.

I just recently replaced my front 6x9's with Kicker KS series. They have built in high and low pass filters. When in line with the amps from the stock system the bass is squashed. My guess is the amps have the filters also and that is why they produce less bass than the stock Infinity... Time to install a single 10! I will tell you the Kickers front and rear sound great despite the issue.

Old 09-27-2009, 08:09 PM
Rezin

I just put that head unit in my truck yesterday! No amps, and I had some aftermarket speakers in there when I bought her. Deleted the infinity amps, and she sounds decent! I love the bluetooth for handsfree, and I am considering a BT MP3 Player...

I'll try and get sopme pics. I am getting around better now (Broken leg woes, lol)

Old 09-27-2009, 08:19 PM
cmckenna
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by greenmachine
Miami, I myself am an avionics guy 7 years with mil and now working private.

I just recently replaced my front 6x9's with Kicker KS series. They have built in high and low pass filters. When in line with the amps from the stock system the bass is squashed. My guess is the amps have the filters also and that is why they produce less bass than the stock Infinity... Time to install a single 10! I will tell you the Kickers front and rear sound great despite the issue.
I run 10s and it's excellent. Just be sure to get some good ones that are designed / tuned vs. just some speakers in a box.

I am an engineering consultant / contractor for aerospace and defense electronics.

Quick Reply: Stereo upgrade has been finished.