2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

I just got a hell of a deal!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 12:15 PM
Miami_Son
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It goes far beyond just making an unsafe vehicle. You're right, lots of unsafe cars have rolled off the assembly lines over the years. It is how Ford dealt with them after the fact, after they killed people, that makes me sick. Like I said, unless you've dealt with it personally, you have no idea. I have. Ford is evil.

Old 10-15-2009, 12:25 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I understand, and what you dealt with sucked I'm sure. But you only dealt with that one company(and I respect your opinion). I'm sure there are people out there that would say the same about Chrysler or Chevy. Or any other company (not just cars) for that matter. As you know, it's all about money. Just sayin' that's all, not defending Ford or anything.

Old 10-15-2009, 01:13 PM
Miami_Son
Banned

If it were just one vehicle, maybe, but Ford did the same thing with the Explorer and even as far back as the Pinto. There is a corporate philosophy in dealing with these situations that Ford uses to put profit over people. I'm not saying they are unique, just worse than some others. Even GM finally did the right thing with their exploding truck gas tanks and I've never heard of a Chrysler vehicle being an absolute death trap. Ford was well aware of the rollover issues with Bronco IIs and Explorers and not only did they never admit to it, they kept marketing and manufacturing them long after the problems became known. Then they started settling cases quietly (and forcing the families to sign non-disclosure agreements) rather than take the vehicles off the market because that was cheaper than stopping production. Ford is a despicable company, more so than any other auto manufacturer, IMO.

Old 10-15-2009, 01:17 PM
dodge15004x45.9
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

And on top of that they have the HUGES recall on record. From 92-03 4.67 million cars trucks and suv's. http://www.ford.com/dynamic/metatags...h-recall-09s09

Old 10-15-2009, 04:54 PM
Miami_Son
Banned

"This recall affects older models, including discontinued vehicles. The majority is greater than 10 model years old, with some up to 18 model years old."

And I bet they knew about the problem for at least 12 of those years before they finally issued a recall. This is exactly what I'm talking about. They will stall and delay doing anything in hopes that the affected vehicles will just die a natural death, meanwhile the public continues to drive them and be at risk. And when someone does get hurt or killed in one, they quickly pay them off, force them to sign a non-disclosure agreement and pretend like nothing's wrong. All because it may be cheaper to do nothing and pay off the few who do get injured/killed than fix all those vehicles. They are playing the odds with your lives.

Old 10-16-2009, 02:07 PM
my01
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this thread has lost all interest to me.

Old 10-16-2009, 03:27 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by my01
this thread has lost all interest to me.

Sorry for contributing to getting your thread off topic.

Quick Reply: I just got a hell of a deal!