2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

single plane intake manifold

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 02:58 AM
helms
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a single plane intake will have an increased top end power while sacrificing throttle response and low end torque.

If this engine is going to be in a daily driven 4x4, a single plane will cause more headaches than the keg you have on there now.

Old 10-16-2009, 12:31 PM
Hahns5.2
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dodgeram07
but Hahns5.2 is right on the m1 and a little bottom end lose,,,, and air gap is good all the way around

just wanted to put that out there
Someone did dyno's between the two on another forum and claimed they both made the same power/torque with the same curves. IMO the AirGap is way overpriced with no advantage over the M1.

Old 10-16-2009, 01:01 PM
Mike Roma
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Timidone, make SURE you know exactly what you're getting if you order one.

The STOCK "kegger" is a single plane. There is more than one "M1", not all will work for you.

Old 10-16-2009, 01:33 PM
dodgeram07
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hahns5.2
AirGap is way overpriced with no advantage over the M1.
and that is your IMO no bigger,,, back be i desided to go with just the hughes new 1/4 belly pan i was thinin of getting a new intake,, so i reseched m1 and then at the same time the air gap come out

all of people(you too) that put the M1 of Dakota's with very very little to none of the bottom end lost,, as far as i know people said that the m1 push the power range up to higher rpms for racing.

the people i found with rams (weight more) loss bottom end

so far all report said the the air gap has no bottm end loss

my reseach was on stock and close to stock rams and dakotas

its kinda like the kegget mod cut the runners and give of sum QT but then regain HP gains,,, like a tade off

IMO they both are overpriced but may that the chevy guy in me saying that( because if i was buyin a intake for 600 dollars the carb would come with it,,but thats no apple to apples)

but still as i know the m1 push to power band up to a higher rpm

just putting that out there and not trying to make anyone mad(hope we are on the same page,, we all are still learning every day)

Last edited by dodgeram07; 10-16-2009 at 01:37 PM.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:08 PM
Hahns5.2
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dodgeram07
and that is your IMO no bigger,,, back be i desided to go with just the hughes new 1/4 belly pan i was thinin of getting a new intake,, so i reseched m1 and then at the same time the air gap come out

all of people(you too) that put the M1 of Dakota's with very very little to none of the bottom end lost,, as far as i know people said that the m1 push the power range up to higher rpms for racing.

the people i found with rams (weight more) loss bottom end

so far all report said the the air gap has no bottm end loss

my reseach was on stock and close to stock rams and dakotas

its kinda like the kegget mod cut the runners and give of sum QT but then regain HP gains,,, like a tade off

IMO they both are overpriced but may that the chevy guy in me saying that( because if i was buyin a intake for 600 dollars the carb would come with it,,but thats no apple to apples)

but still as i know the m1 push to power band up to a higher rpm

just putting that out there and not trying to make anyone mad(hope we are on the same page,, we all are still learning every day)
I'm just saying evreyone claims there's no low end loss with the air gap, so far only one person has done a comparison and claims they're the same. Like I said, a few mods will more than bring back the low end loss, I can break em loose in the rain in 3rd at only around 2K rpms with no clutch help, couldn't do that stock.

Quick Reply: single plane intake manifold