2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Carpet soaked, not from coolant

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 02:01 PM
dodgeram07
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check the back window 94-97 have a the window seal stuck out,,,,
Name:  prom08027-1.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  72.4 KB

mine was the brake light and this,,i put the carpet 3x,,, then my buddy put the hose right in that area and i could see the water run in

Old 11-11-2009, 03:12 PM
tndakman
Rookie
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Why not use the same procedure to find the leak as you would to find a leak in a tire? You know, soapy water over the inflated tire? Make sure all doors, windows, etc. are closed & 'pressurize' the vehicle by letting the blower motor run for a coupla' minutes. Then put soapy water over the outside of the vehicle-if you see bubbles there's a good chance that if air can escape then maybe water can leak in. Good luck.

Old 11-11-2009, 03:16 PM
01dabram20
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

where the parking brake (or wires)that goes from the inside to the outside under the carpet is where it is at. it happened to mine and still does. havn't done anything yet tho.

Old 11-11-2009, 03:20 PM
BigRedRam95
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would say it is your rear window mine leaked like that I looked for ever and could not find it. So I cut the window out and found that who ever put the window in missed the top corner and did not put any sealant in it.

Old 11-11-2009, 05:16 PM
Trey318
Captain

On my grandparents Crown Vic it took forever to find the leak in the cab, until we finally realized that it was one of the grommets under the hood. It soaked the front of the carpet pretty good.

I had a leak in the cab of my truck when I got it. But that was probably because my windshield was caved in XD

Old 11-11-2009, 07:00 PM
ET RAM
Rookie

I had a wet carpet problem. Mine was on the passenger side and it turned out to be the AC drain. The foam seal was in poor condition. The drain runs horizontal and as the water seeps out it runs to the firewall and into the cabin. The drain was not clogged.

I put a short hose on it. The hose droops down some. No more water problems. I lifted the carpet and let it air dry. It did take a long time to dry.

Old 11-11-2009, 07:28 PM
RamSport97
Record Breaker

Found the leak today. It was under the front plastic cowling that houses the windshield wiper mechanism, it is right by the A/C intake duct, I don't know how to go about sealing it as there is no way my hand and arm will fit in the hole. I will try and get some pics for you guys later. I believe it may be a body seem, and I know it is in this little pocket because when i run the hose over it, I get a trail of water coming out under the dash all the way to where the pool is.

Old 11-11-2009, 07:34 PM
de8212
Professional

Originally Posted by dodgeram07
check here to.... this black windows are the same 94-97

for me it was the thrid brake light and the window
I went out earlier and noticed a good amount of h2o on the far left side of the bench seat and puddling down below on the side of the seat. Looked up and I believe this might be where I have a leak. How is this fixed? Does the black piece need to be replaced? Does it need silicone?

Old 11-11-2009, 07:35 PM
EndIsNear
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by ET RAM
I had a wet carpet problem. Mine was on the passenger side and it turned out to be the AC drain. The foam seal was in poor condition. The drain runs horizontal and as the water seeps out it runs to the firewall and into the cabin. The drain was not clogged.

I put a short hose on it. The hose droops down some. No more water problems. I lifted the carpet and let it air dry. It did take a long time to dry.
I had the same problem. The tube somehow corroded and backed inside, leaking all inside my truck. It could be that, and its running down your running boards to the back. Try that...

Old 11-11-2009, 08:57 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by EndIsNear
I had the same problem. The tube somehow corroded and backed inside, leaking all inside my truck. It could be that, and its running down your running boards to the back. Try that...
The problem with that theory is my ac doesnt work and hasnt since I bought the truck...gonna take a good look tomorrow....almost done with the tunes now...only one speaker to go and I have to rip up the rear carpet to run the wire from speaker to amp...

Quick Reply: Carpet soaked, not from coolant